2018 Trump's State of the Uniom.

Ms. Spam

HAHA. It's more of his election drivel. Immigrants bad. Wall good. Look at crying audience.

Lol I swear. But as Obi Wan said "A certain point of view".

This was about as boring as most SOTU addresses, because we've heard these talking points before.

I just love how the grown ups act like children.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Skipped this but caught the highlights. Pretty much blah, blah, blah.

Also, am I the only one who thinks it was an odd choice for the Dems to have Joe Kennedy III for the Dem reaction? I know the guy probably thinks because he is a Kennedy he is entitled to the Kennedy legacy, and therefore a permanent seat in the House of Reps, and probably from there Senator, but can't the Dems find leaders who don't come from political dynasties?

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah I don't know much about Joe Kennedy, and by much I mean anything, but trotting a Kennedy out there isn't a great look in today's climate.

No kidding! What is odd is that for all the criticism that the dems had (legitimately) about the Bush Administration having holdovers dating back to the Nixon era, and of Jeb Bush rearing his head in the 2016 primary, here they are going back to the Kennedy family. Granted Joe III is a young guy, but enough of the Kennedys already.

I've been listening to them since I was a kid. Started with Reagan. My parents are GOP voters. Now my Dad is still pulling the party line but my Mom in Arizona is moving toward a kind of liberal view because she has two sick people living with her being huge mooches. She'd rather they mooch on the governments dime instead of her. HA! The moochers are my brother and sister. Both have failing health and will never hold a job - well Tim can't hold a job even when he's healthy. They need health insurance. Both my brother and sister have big marijane devotions so I can see them going Bernie all the way.

usually a president uses it to set the tone and let people know what is on his agenda for the upcoming year.

I personally lean to the middle. I mean I own a shotgun and like some regulations. I get labeled a liberal but honestly I just want some good ole middle of the road non-taxpayer wasting policy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.