THE MFing Punisher.

Ms. Spam

I've been watching at night after I get home from school (masters) or last night from my second job and I find myself forcing me to go to bed. Some parts of the story as you progress through this are kind of off - but it is a great character study about the dudes that fight wars.

I cam not watch this because the blood dudes is like lots of it. One time Frankie stabbed this guy like I dunno infinity times. Totally tasted me food again like so gross sit not even was a good lunch either. But I guess truers to Frank than cave Ill no Cahill

Nope Cahill no Cahill cavills supersman

I wasn't in the most coherent state of mind when I was watching all of this but the only thing I vaguely remember being frustrated by was the whole gun control debate that was brought up. They never really took a stance on it and wondered what the whole point of bringing it up was.

That was my only real gripe and even then I may have just missed something in that story. All in all I think it was the best of the Marvel/Netflix shows, if not the most consistent. The others all had a bit of a lull towards the middle of the season (except Iron Fist which was garbage all the way through) but this maintained its momentum.

I don't think the shows are suffering for it but maybe they shouldn't be set in the wider MCU. It just seems pointless - I would of thought some mention Cap or Iron Man during Frank's operations in the Middle East would of cropped up, possibly to further illustrate how dodgy they were or explain why these covert operations were still happening in a world with the Avengers.

I was super skeptical of this and just didn't see how it be any good because Punisher is so one note and was probably going to skip it ... And then I saw the trailer and was like HOLY SHIT. I ended up binging it the first weekend and it was my favorite Marvel series after the first season of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It is EXCELLENT.

Yeah Ben-whatever was born to play this role. Apparently he was a douche on Walking Dead or something so a friend of mine took a while to get over that but even he was won over.

The Big Bad was also very well acted. I loved that character.

My favorite thing is when Punisher grunt screams during a melee. LMFAO

My favorite thing is when Punisher grunt screams during a melee. LMFAO

OH MY GAWD, yes! HAHAHAHA! Like a frickin' tennis player when he smacks the yellow ball.

You can definitely see what Torch was talking about with the blood. It's like red corn syrup FOR EVERYONE.

Don't be a jerk. Whining doesn't have anything to do with it.

The point is Network TV has certain mutually agreed-upon standards. There's a line which you're not allowed to cross.

1) Hannibal aired on network TV.

2) Hannibal had way more blood and gore than Punisher.

That's not subjective that's fact.

Ive never watched Hannibal and drew no comparisons to any other gore fest whether for some measurement competition or morals throw down. A persons ability to stomach gore is subjective, thats all I was saying both drunkenly and sober.

If you think I was being a jerk, well, I suppose thats subjective too. :-)

Afterthought: I never wrote anything about anyone Whining. I wrote Winesday and directly after I wrote lets not get silly, as an acknowledgment of my inebriated posting (it was Margarita induced for the record, XD).

Pissing contest aside, it just never crossed my mind this show is gory. I think the reason for that is the methods used. Obviously guns CAUSE bleeding. But I don't usually make that connection.

Knife = blood

Gun = death

If he used swords and knives I would have probably thought gore. But he's a gun bunny. (and yeah he does use a knife here and there, and he even uses a mirror, but come on, guns are in the actual logo)

I'm not saying anybody is wrong to call it gory, I was just literally surprised at first they did for the reasons above.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to episode 4. Pretty good so far! I like it more than the other marvel shows.. And I think it's cause he's just a guy. Not a god or hero or spandex wearing human flag with a shield. He's fucked in the head and could just as easily be the bad guy if pointed in the wrong direction (as the backstory proves). I like the scenes against gang members and the like, however some of the war stories of operation Cerberus make me slightly squeamish particularly as its a narrative that isn't far fetched in the slightest. But you know... War is hell so whatever. At times it feels like the fantasy of a quarterback gym junkie on the juice but I get that is the whole point to the Punisher. The story so far seems engaging enough and has enough depth for me to not feel bad about watching (and enjoying) Frank Castle slaughtering hordes Afghani Militia with a knife.

Though I can't imagine the show is very popular outside of the US or other western countries. Then again, I can't imagine captain America or the avengers being particular popular in eastern Europe or the Middle East either. So that's kind of moot.

So finished it. That was surprisingly really good! Some great brutal moments in the final two episodes.. Pushing the envelope there.

Think the series could've trimmed some fat here and there. But overall was the best Marvel anything I've seen in a long time.

Pissing contest aside, it just never crossed my mind this show is gory. I think the reason for that is the methods used. Obviously guns CAUSE bleeding. But I don't usually make that connection.

Knife = blood

Gun = death

If he used swords and knives I would have probably thought gore. But he's a gun bunny. (and yeah he does use a knife here and there, and he even uses a mirror, but come on, guns are in the actual logo)

I'm not saying anybody is wrong to call it gory, I was just literally surprised at first they did for the reasons above.

Hahah-- dude-- I wrote a slasher movie and even I thought the violence in Punisher pushed it a couple times!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.