2017 NFL Super Bowl Pick'em

Ms. Spam

I wonder how much the ratings will be down this year. Viewership for the divisional round this year was down by 23 million, a 16% drop. Conference championship ratings were down 8%.

The divisional round as a whole was not down 23 million, I mean maybe if you added the 4 games together it was? But I've never seen ratings listed in a cumulative manner like that: The games were down as compared to the same timeslot last year:

1-Falcons-Eagles was down 5% from last years Seahawks-Falcons

2-Titans-Patriots was down 9% from Texans-Patriots last year

3-Jaguars-Steelers was down 7% from last years Chiefs Steelers

4-Saints-Vikings was down 23% from last years Packers-Cowboys

Obviously the largest is the last one but that's mostly down to the fact that the Pack and Boys are two of the biggest national teams in the league. Ratings are down across the board but really not 16%. The 23 million figure may be total viewership across all 4 games, in fact it has to be. Which is alot of people to be sure but also alot of the same people. Basically its not like 23 million less individuals decided to watch the divisional playoffs. What you said could be factually true but is misleading.

You're probably right on this one. I remember reading about the percentage drop and the viewership drop, which I thought was huge. Makes sense that they counted people multiple times for the four games.

I rooting for the filthy Eagles.

I have to agree with Tex on this one, you are wrong. How can a Dallas fan root for the Eagles?

The only time ever pull for a division rival is if it's a game against another division rival you hate more, or if you need for them to win so that your team can get into the playoffs.

If you don't get sick to your stomach when you see a divisional rival win a SB your just a casual fan at best.

I wonder how much the ratings will be down this year. Viewership for the divisional round this year was down by 23 million, a 16% drop. Conference championship ratings were down 8%.

The divisional round as a whole was not down 23 million, I mean maybe if you added the 4 games together it was? But I've never seen ratings listed in a cumulative manner like that: The games were down as compared to the same timeslot last year:

1-Falcons-Eagles was down 5% from last years Seahawks-Falcons

2-Titans-Patriots was down 9% from Texans-Patriots last year

3-Jaguars-Steelers was down 7% from last years Chiefs Steelers

4-Saints-Vikings was down 23% from last years Packers-Cowboys

Obviously the largest is the last one but that's mostly down to the fact that the Pack and Boys are two of the biggest national teams in the league. Ratings are down across the board but really not 16%. The 23 million figure may be total viewership across all 4 games, in fact it has to be. Which is alot of people to be sure but also alot of the same people. Basically its not like 23 million less individuals decided to watch the divisional playoffs. What you said could be factually true but is misleading.

You're probably right on this one. I remember reading about the percentage drop and the viewership drop, which I thought was huge. Makes sense that they counted people multiple times for the four games.

Yeah, I mean if it was 23 million less per game and was down 16% that would mean that viewership for those games would be over 100 million, Like well over. Which it's not.

I think the viewership being down has to be the way we watch teevee now. People still paid almost 5K for a ticket to the Super Bowl so it is not that there is not any fans even with kneeing players and concussions.

Tickets for the SB have been expensive for decades. The home viewing experience has been excellent for years.

Meanwhile 78% of polled NFL fans were against the protests, and every day you see a new story about a concussions.

There are numerous reasons ratings are down. The protests are one, this wasn't overall a great season. They have some issues with the onfield product in terms of bad officiating and too many stoppages for reviews and all that. Plus just wasn't a great NFL year. Also, yes, network tv ratings are down for everything, including the NFL.

Well this game has been fantastic. Two trick plays. One proving Brady aint so young and the other gives Foles a story he can tell his grandkids.

Pretty much the tale of the first half. The Eagles made their plays and the Patriots came up just a little short.

I strongly suspect that Brady isn't completely right. He's having trouble throwing a spiral on several plays. We'll see how he does in the 2nd half.

Can't believe they called that last Philly TD a catch. Based on what we've seen in years past it was a bobble out of bounds. To Choc's earlier point about the decrease in ratings, this stuff really hurts the game.

In any sane world that is a catch but in the NFL of recent vintage it usually isn't. I agree with letting the call on the field stand though.

To me thats how replay SHOULD work. It should be to change huge obvious misses, not ascertain that a ball moved 1 inch while a guy is falling down. The problem is that too often replay is used to overturn something like that.

I think it is going to be different in the second half. Never discount the Pats.

So far so good. Haven't seen any under throws this half.

He has had time to warm up his old man arms.

I also say that last Philly touchdown was a touchdown. Ertz had control when he broke the pane.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.