Anyone following star wars rebels?

Stallion

This show can be alot of fun when it;s the heroes on some mission or when it deals with the early formation of the Rebellion. When it delves into The Force though? Man oh man it can be awful. Almost always. Its a shame that it's final push to the end seems more concerned with that than with the part of the series which have been good.

I did like the Indiana Jones vibe of the bad guys with a big archaeological dig.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I kind of agree.....the end of Season 2 kind of put me off with the helicopter lightsabers.

But I did like the Ahsoka VS Vader duel and canonization of Malachor V.

Unfortunately, El Chupacabra, that is exactly what happened.

Also, I wasn't sure what was going on with Palpatine's magic mirror and the blue fire.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but that sounds disappointing. Never thought I would ever see Star Wars time travel stories.

That said, as long as they don't have Rey, Finn and Poe pop up in the series finale using a holocron to meet the crew of the Ghost, a la Star Trek Enterprise These are the Voyages-style, I can deal with a time travel story....I guess. Hopefully this time travel stuff will end up being some force dream sequence or something. Or just ignored with what time they have left.

Was the episode at least kind of good?

This isn't your typical "time travel" story. If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it. I think it works though. It explains the end of season 2. It isn't over used. The premise is almost literally buried so that it won't pop up again. I think it works because of the medium of the animated universe. You're ultimately the judge of how you think it works.

The premise is almost literally buried so that it won't pop up again. I think it works because of the medium of the animated universe. You're ultimately the judge of how you think it works.

But the Rebels recon episode confirmed that yes, the Lothal portal has been destroyed, but there are other portals that can be used. I just keep thinking now...JJ Abrams, creator of Lost, making Episode IX...gulp. Oddly enough, the magic mirror portals also reminded me of Reys hall of mirrors in TLJ.

I think Rebels works when it introduces aspects of the Force but doesn't use it in a way to feed "OMG game-changer!" fandom speculation. (I'm dropping Nerdist's tabloid sensationalism of everything for this reason.) I view it all as "first step into a larger world," rather than the limiting duality of Jedi and Sith. Mortis, Bendu, Between-World added to the mythology, with varying success. The Force is shown to be multi-layered and dynamic, with mysteries to be discovered.

The premise is almost literally buried so that it won't pop up again. I think it works because of the medium of the animated universe. You're ultimately the judge of how you think it works.

But the Rebels recon episode confirmed that yes, the Lothal portal has been destroyed, but there are other portals that can be used. I just keep thinking now...JJ Abrams, creator of Lost, making Episode IX...gulp. Oddly enough, the magic mirror portals also reminded me of Reys hall of mirrors in TLJ.

No matter what the company line is, ultimately, JJ Abrams and his writers don't give a crap about what Rebels is doing.

So we know that Ahsoka and Ezra aren't around by the time of the OT, which seems to be fast approaching. With the introduction of this World Between Worlds and given that we know that Sheev is actively trying to access it and control it, anyone else getting the feeling that Ahsoka and Ezra will end up becoming some sort of guardian of the portals? Maybe even Guardians of the Whills? The ghostly voices make me feel like it's almost like a Jedi Valhalla, and the dead Jedi we've seen interact with characters as Force ghosts (Obi-wan, Yoda, Qui-Gon, even Anakin at the end of ROTJ), would they be Jedi that have been granted access to this World Between Worlds, and accessing it like this is how they interact with the living? And with Palpatine looking for it, it would need some sort of protection. By having Ezra and Ahsoka become guardians, it explains why they're not around and why Yoda was correct in naming Luke as the last of the Jedi.

Plus, am I right in thinking that one of the original drafts of Star Wars mentioned the Journal of the Whills? I seem to remember a quote from Palpatine from this journal being at the beginning of the Star Wars Chronicles book I have, so it seems that Filoni has again reintroduced some Legends canon back in to Disney canon, as I believe Palpatine spent a lot of his time later on in the Empire searching for more information about the Whills, or trying to master it, or something like that.

Man, I do plan on watching this series eventually, but the more I hear about it the more I find myself rolling my eyes. Not a big fan of Dave Filoni. He's had some solid gold episodes of The Clone Wars (particularly the episodes about the clones), but it seemed every solid episode was followed by two or three painfully dumb ones.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Man, I do plan on watching this series eventually, but the more I hear about it the more I find myself rolling my eyes. Not a big fan of Dave Filoni. He's had some solid gold episodes of The Clone Wars (particularly the episodes about the clones), but it seemed every solid episode was followed by two or three painfully dumb ones.

If you are a big fan of the Thrawn trilogy, you may not like season 3.

Why not? It depicts Thrawn as a magic detective that can look at a fingerpainting you made when you were three and know instantly what color your underpants are today and yet every time his enemies are literally right in front of him they manage to escape over and over. Everyone is terrified of him, he is presented as scarier than Vader, yet he accomplishes zilch. Thats pretty true to Zahns version.

No one has been able to explain why Palpatine was able to see Ezra and Ahsoka in the "world between worlds" and even shoot fire at them, but could not follow them.

We're also not sure when the Emperor had access to the portal. He'd likely not have had the urgency to enter it as Ezra did, so a little caution isn't out of line.

Tank, I'm convinced now that you've read a different Thrawn trilogy imported here from some alternate dimension. The Thrawn I remember anticipated and bested his adversaries' every move, aside from once or twice. It was just enough to show his brilliance without making him omniscient.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.