Oprah 4 Prez

Odine

Seriously this is a thing now.

And I gotta paraphrase a quote from someone else.. But in her nine minute speech she was more eloquent and statesperson-like, than the current president has been his whole career.

So it leads me to this question, my American bredren, would you vote for Oprah if she ran?

Trump would take that "eloquence" to the gutter so fast. If Trump still has a political heartbeat come 2020, Democrats would be wiser to find a knife fighter political animal that has no problem meeting Trump on his own ground and would enjoy getting inside Trump's head. Someone like a Biden or even a Cuban if you're looking for a celebrity candidate.

Apparently according to news sources she is giving it "serious consideration".

I mean the current guy kind of opened the door for just about anybody to run... So who knows. Stranger things have happened.

Obviously we all would rather a skilled diplomat, politician and statesperson in charge of the world's biggest super power. But I get the feeling those days might be behind us. Celebrity leaders are just so on trend right now.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Seriously this is a thing now.

And I gotta paraphrase a quote from someone else.. But in her nine minute speech she was more eloquent and statesperson-like, than the current president has been his whole career.

So it leads me to this question, my American bredren, would you vote for Oprah if she ran?

I think this really was people who LOVE Oprah floating this idea, and the media glommed onto it because...ratings, and something for the talking heads to babble about. Oprah definitely has a big enough ego that this would stroke, and she may now even buy into the hype, but I don't think she gave that soundbite originally to announce her candidacy.

As for whether I want her to run.....EFF NO! One Freak Show and waste of an election cycle is enough. Time to get some adults back into the game.

I would personally love it if she won. She would finally max out this nation's race card and die a slow diabetic death on national TV.

That last new car will be a hearse.

I challenge you to take a stance and have a political standpoint and post something thats not designed to troll for a reaction, or isnt stated in some truly ugly manner.

I would personally love it if she won. She would finally max out this nation's race card and die a slow diabetic death on national TV.

I challenge you to take a stance and have a political standpoint and post something thats not designed to troll for a reaction, or isnt stated in some truly ugly manner.

Fair enough. I have a hard time taking a side because I find both sides ridiculous and hypocritical. I'm too much of a cynic to focus on anything other than the absurdity of it all. Whereas many identify with a certain cause, I stay tuned solely for the entertainment value.

I don't mean to undermine those that take it seriously, because lord knows I take a lot of silly shit seriously myself, but I don't get riled up over politics simply because I have no control over it. It's been my experience that most people who do just want to be mad at something. Even when things are going their way they somehow find a way to be miserable.

He's actually, like, really smart.

I know he is, that's why I'm goading him. :)

Fair enough. I have a hard time taking a side because I find both sides ridiculous and hypocritical. I'm too much of a cynic to focus on anything other than the absurdity of it all. Whereas many identify with a certain cause, I stay tuned solely for the entertainment value.

I don't mean to undermine those that take it seriously, because lord knows I take a lot of silly **** seriously myself, but I don't get riled up over politics simply because I have no control over it. It's been my experience that most people who do just want to be mad at something. Even when things are going their way they somehow find a way to be miserable.

I can totally respect and understand apathy at this stage. I'm 3/4 of the way there myself. But I don't find the ****show of politics to be funny anymore. I don't want to be sitting on the charred remains of the planet saying "SEE GOP!? WE WERE RIGHT! LOL!"

I can't even watch the Daily Show, we've reached a point where the satire is too close to truth.

He's actually, like, really smart.

I know he is, that's why I'm goading him. :)

Sorry I was also quoting Trump. The "I'm, like, really smart" is what the Donald said in response to questions about his mental stability. He then went on about being a stable genius which is what Metropolis was referencing. I kinda just continued on that thread.

As for the apathy it's really hard to take any of it seriously. Politicians just want to con people into believing their bullshit so they can get a paycheck. Politics is basically pro wrestling, and there's no way Oprah is going to job to Trump so no, sadly, she won't run. I'll just have to picture that squash match in my head.

If 2020 seriously has a Trump v. Oprah ticket, I'm definitely going with Oprah. If someone with a fake personality has to flounder about unqualified in the Oval Office, I'd at least prefer the smarter fake. But that's if Trump even lasts that long. I don't have a lot of faith in the rest of our government to do something about him, but I can totally see him rage quitting on Twitter some random Tuesday morning.

OUR warmongering corporate billionaire is black, a woman and much more touchy-feely than THEIR warmongering corporate billionaire, who's an old white male who says mean things. Yay! YAY! Much progressive. Such liberal.

Can't say I'd be happy about trump vs oprah. Neither should be running the country, I'd rather Tulsi Gabbard get the nomination.

Yup.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.