A new way to see the SW saga

Darth Ender

Here’s one issue I have with the ST. Star Wars is becoming too “real.” Star Wars to me has always been a fairy tale set in space, so I could suspend disbelief to a degree that I couldn’t with any other movie franchise. Could ewoks really kick a bunch of storm troopers’ @sses? Probably not, but that’s ok, because it’s a fairy tale. I can just accept that that’s what happened because I saw it happen. Does the death of the Emperor automatically imply the fall of the empire? Does that one event mean that our heroes are going to live happily ever after in a suddenly peaceful galaxy? Again, probably not, not if SW was real. But it’s a fairy tale, so I can accept all these things. People in the SW universe, despite what logic would tell us, should be able to live happily ever after because, again, it’s a fairy tale.

In comparison, the ST comes across as cynical. The resistance buys its weapons from the same guys who supplies the FO. Things are not as black and white anymore. We have a villain who, by all appearances, is beyond saving, despite faith held by others to the contrary. The most optimistic view is not necessarily the correct one. There is a large gap between what legend paints our heroes to be and the flawed people that they actually are. That galaxy far far away is not so fairy tale-ish anymore. It’s becoming too real.

I think thats fair but

1-I think this movie tore down alot of that aspect of it so that it can be rebuilt in future movies

2-Star Wars is unique in that it has to work as 1 story, 3 stories and 9 stories. Each trilogy works as itself while trying to be part of the larger story. The fact that they didn't live happily ever after is part of this trilogy, but in a way still works for the OT.

The visual clue makes it work better. It plays out like this "what is that?...oh is he doing what I think he is doing....oh crap he is!!....oh crap he actually did it!!!. Then the whole time, which is only a moment or two, wondering if Snoke will figure it out.

Easily my favorite moment as well.

Maybe it's being emotionally beaten by Game of Thrones, but I was totally engrossed as it was unfolding and the way Snoke had been owning the entire scene up to that point, I was dreading that he would ruin Kylo's attempt. A truly satisfying comeuppance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.