Obi-Wan movie? Now that's a rumour I haven't heard in a long time

Filthy Jawa

Only in flashbacks or holorecordings.

the movie is about the person who finds his armor and cache and takes over as legend, Dread Pirate Roberts style... that would let them turn him into a anti-hero without baggage and cash in on the Boba popularity amd move him into a post-Rotj space.

If it stayed in the OT era, a hiest film would be cool. Like Baby Driver— Jabba is Kevin Spacey, And undercover Wedge is John Hamm, Fett is Jamie Foxx. though apparently, the Han Solo prequel is a heist film... or at least it was.

Daniel Logan can do an adult-aged Fett now.

I don't want to see the horror movie one since I know how it ends!

With what's demonstrated with R1, Star Wars stories can be told in different situations and styles, and work. It's too bad they killed the live-action small-screen plans. I think it could've allowed some interesting approaches in an anthology like "Amazing Stories," or some of those "[movie title]: The Series."

My deepest hope is Lucasfilm picking up some Kurosawa. (Like "Maqbool" was inspired by "Throne of Blood," which was itself inspired by "Macbeth."}

Guest El Chalupacabra

I agree that if Boba Fett returns to film somehow, it should be Temuera Morrison. Wouldn't make sense to have another actor play Boba Fett, if he is supposed to be a clone of Jango. The guy is still in his mid-50s, so he is still young enough to play OT era Fett.

Option A is putty up his face some, dye his hair black, give him some scars and/or burn marks on his face, and keep his helmet on most of the movie. Bounty Hunting is a hard life, so that can age one, too. No CGI really needed there.

Option B is it can be explained away as even though he is an unaltered clone, something went wrong, and he is aging faster than a normal human, but slower than clone troopers. Hell, spin that into the reason why he continues to be a Bounty Hunter: he must continue to bounty hunt for Jabba, who is his only source of a drug that slows the aging process enough to keep him from dying.

The problem with Temura is that he's not good enough, or famous enough to open a Star Wars film.

He originated the role, I don't think hes a terrible actor, but that's not how Hollywood works anymore. Not when we're talking big franchise, big money.

Disney/Lucasfilm (or literally any other studio) would only give a title role to a name actor. (That's one reason why I pitched a new person in the suit).

Guest El Chalupacabra

The problem with Temura is that hes not good enough, or famous enough to open a Star Wars film.

He originated the role, I dont think hes a terrible actor, but thats not how Hollywood works anymore. Not when were talking big franchise, big money.

Disney/Lucasfilm (or literally any other studio) would only give a title role to a name actor. (Thats one reason why I pitched a new person in the suit).

Well, I agree, though Morrison is a good enough actor as a supporting role or ensemble cast member (I liked him in Spartacus). I'd take it a step further and say the character Boba Fett isn't good enough to headline a Star Wars film, which I am on record of saying. I don't want to see a Boba Fett movie, but I would not mind seeing a movie that has Boba Fett in it. That is what I mean when I say if Boba Fett is in a movie within the next few years, Morrison should be Boba Fett.

Not to mention, any appearance Boba Fett makes, chances are he will have his helmet on 90%+ of the time. So, Morrison could literally be a voice actor through most of it, with someone else in the suit. Morrison is definitely good enough for that.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Temueras Moana co-star The Rock as Boba Fett.

(Edit: my update to iOS 11 seems to come without apostrophes.)

Jeezus.

The Rock is in EVERYTHING these days. More often than not, something that remakes something else I liked from my childhood, adolescence, or early adulthood, and pisses all over it.

And I seriously cannot remember seeing a GOOD movie with the Rock in it.

The Rundown* was a delightful if typical action film.

That said, in regards to Boba Fett casting... I am firmly in Tanks camp. The film needs to be the Mask of Zorro, perhaps the criminals with honor codes tale.

*if you havent seen it, but want to give it a chance, dont watch the trailer. This films trailer is one of the worst ever offenders for spoiling the film its promoting.

Guest El Chalupacabra

And I seriously cannot remember seeing a GOOD movie with the Rock in it.

Now theres someone who has some fond memories of Jumanji.

You should watch Moana, its excellent. Plus it has a Force ghost in it.

Not to mention Walking Tall (I remember the original as a little kid), Get Smart, GI Joe, and Baywatch. And not that it wasn't already ruined by, oh I don't know, movie #2, but the Rock pretty much rendered the Fast and Furious franchise completely unwatchable for me. Citing a cartoon as a Rock "must see movie" kinda proves my point.

(Just as an aside, and this will be the last of my off topic bitching comment for this thread)

I'm with those who feel an Obi Wan movie should have been first on the list. Ewan has been saying for years he would love to return.

If there's a Boba Fett movie it should be directed by Taika Waititi and if not Teumuera Morrison then another Kiwi actor. I wouldn't mind a Rock cameo though.

I think this was brought up in another thread (Mara? Tank?): spinning off from Canto Bight and the Separatists, adventures in the Corporate Sector.

With a freighter captain being a hero in the main story, there's a lot of good real-world material to draw from.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'm with those who feel an Obi Wan movie should have been first on the list. Ewan has been saying for years he would love to return.

If there's a Boba Fett movie it should be directed by Taika Waititi and if not Teumuera Morrison then another Kiwi actor. I wouldn't mind a Rock cameo though.

I so wanted to write a post agreeing with you, until you mentioned the Rock cameo.

Karl Urban would make a great Boba Fett. Though he looks nothing like Tem so continuity would be off. He made a great Dread and he knows how to play an assassin.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.