Obi-Wan movie? Now that's a rumour I haven't heard in a long time

Filthy Jawa

I would like a Star Wars horror movie.

You have a small Rebel team on Yaavin 8. A forest planet in the same system as the rebel base. They are there setting up a sensor relay when the Death Star arrives, cutting them off from the Alliance.

Their ship is damaged so they think they are stuck, then they see a single TIE fighter crash in the distance. They go check it out hoping to find a ship they can use. The planet has a rotation that puts them in a night phase that lasts for days. In that time, something hunts them down one by one, killing them off.

And in the last 5 minutes you realize the monster is Vader.

maybe Vin Diesel can star.

Re: Jabba

What about Star Wars: Hangover?

You make an action crime comedy. A Human female, a male TwiLek smuggler couple and their Nien Nunb alien buddy (the droid/Wookiee role) all get drunk and robbed. Jabba wants his kit, hijinks ensue.

Of course... that could be what were getting with Solo.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I don't know how well Star Wars can mix with horror, but I think Star Wars can definitely do spooky.

I would like to see a Sith-centric (or Dark Side centric...IE Witches of Dathomir) film. Maybe something along the lines of a small group including a couple jedi, along with other non-force user characters discovering and exploring an ancient, and fallen, Sith graveyard planet, like or similar to Korriban. There is all kinds of spooky stuff and death that can happen

A movie about bounty hunters/criminal/smuggling thing in general could be interesting, but a standalone Jabba movie sounds dumb just from all the damn subtitles alone.

ObiWan movie sounds great; always was on board with that but 2020 seems so far away I don't think I will be excited anymore. The biggest challenge with the movie is to dial back ObiWan so that he's not OP.

Guest El Chalupacabra

A movie about bounty hunters/criminal/smuggling thing in general could be interesting, but a standalone Jabba movie sounds dumb just from all the damn subtitles alone.

ObiWan movie sounds great; always was on board with that but 2020 seems so far away I don't think I will be excited anymore. The biggest challenge with the movie is to dial back ObiWan so that he's not OP.

I agree on the bounty hunter/smuggler thing. Jabba is a back ground character to me. Can't really justify a movie starring Jabba. Boba Fett, too, if we are being real. But I can see an ensemble movie, with Jabba, Fett, and multiple bounty hunters....but the story had better be great!

I think I would be excited for an Obi Wan movie....possibly as excited for it as TFA, R1, and TLJ. I would like to see Obi Wan on a mission. Maybe he confronts Vader or an inquisitor but gets hurt, and that could explain why he never went after Vader or the Emperor.

To be fair, another encounter between Obi-Wan and Vader where he tries to redeem him would justify Vader's line in Return of the Jedi where he tells Luke that Obi-Wan once thought as he (Luke) does. We did not see Obi-Wan exemplify any such sentiments in Revenge of the Sith. The EU has never addressed this either, so it would fit (which is important to me).

I do agree that it would cheapen the duel in A New Hope a bit, but it would fix an inconsistency.

I would like a Star Wars horror movie.

You have a small Rebel team on Yaavin 8. A forest planet in the same system as the rebel base. They are there setting up a sensor relay when the Death Star arrives, cutting them off from the Alliance.

Their ship is damaged so they think they are stuck, then they see a single TIE fighter crash in the distance. They go check it out hoping to find a ship they can use. The planet has a rotation that puts them in a night phase that lasts for days. In that time, something hunts them down one by one, killing them off.

And in the last 5 minutes you realize the monster is Vader.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

To be fair, another encounter between Obi-Wan and Vader where he tries to redeem him would justify Vader's line in Return of the Jedi where he tells Luke that Obi-Wan once thought as he (Luke) does. We did not see Obi-Wan exemplify any such sentiments in Revenge of the Sith. The EU has never addressed this either, so it would fit (which is important to me).

I do agree that it would cheapen the duel in A New Hope a bit, but it would fix an inconsistency.

I'd be into this so hard. Another great plot idea along with the Vadar horror movie.

The thing about an Obi-Wan movie is that you should really consider where he was at the end of ROTS. He should be broken. Honestly, I always pictured it kinda how Luke was in TLJ.

He birthed space Hitler, everything he knew is gone, he’s lost his faith.

When we see him in ANH he’s confident, flawless, and wise. I feel like he has a long way to go between the films. I dont need to see him face Vader— I see it like the movie Shane. He’s a former badass on hard times, is taken im by some kind moisture farmers after a sandstorm, and sees there plight against Jabba’s goon squad that comes around for their sandpeople protection fees— which is a sham.

He gets beat up, his connection to the force is weak, he doesnt even pull a lightsaber when he gets jumped in a bar... until he finally leans a lesson and steps back up.

In that scene in ROTJ Vader says, "Obi Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side..." I never took it to mean Obi Wan had tried to redeem Vader. I think Vader meant Obi Wan was very strict when it came to the Jedi code and was limiting himself because of it. In AOTC Anakin complains about Obi Wan being a hard ass when it came to being a Jedi and how you should use your abilities. Then in ROTS once Anakin turned he told Obi wan he was done with his lectures because "he does not fear the dark side as you do."

The thing about an Obi-Wan movie is that you should really consider where he was at the end of ROTS. He should be broken. Honestly, I always pictured it kinda how Luke was in TLJ.

When we see him in ANH he’s confident, flawless, and wise. I feel like he has a long way to go between the films. I dont need to see him face Vader— I see it like the movie Shane. He’s a former badass on hard times, is taken im by some kind moisture farmers after a sandstorm, and sees there plight against Jabba’s goon squad that comes around for their sandpeople protection fees— which is a sham.

He gets beat up, his connection to the force is weak, he doesnt even pull a lightsaber when he gets jumped in a bar... until he finally leans a lesson and steps back up.

That's exactly the type of movie I'd like to see as well. Obi Wan growing into the man we saw in ANH without it involving the empire and definitely no Vader. Though I wonder if Disney/Lucasfilm would be willing to do something like this. Us uber fans can totally get into a story like this. But I can see the regular crowds coming away thinking, where was Vader? Why didn't we get to see Obi Wan fight some imperials?

Guest El Chalupacabra

In that scene in ROTJ Vader says, "Obi Wan once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the dark side..." I never took it to mean Obi Wan had tried to redeem Vader. I think Vader meant Obi Wan was very strict when it came to the Jedi code and was limiting himself because of it. In AOTC Anakin complains about Obi Wan being a hard ass when it came to being a Jedi and how you should use your abilities. Then in ROTS once Anakin turned he told Obi wan he was done with his lectures because "he does not fear the dark side as you do."

That's exactly the type of movie I'd like to see as well. Obi Wan growing into the man we saw in ANH without it involving the empire and definitely no Vader. Though I wonder if Disney/Lucasfilm would be willing to do something like this. Us uber fans can totally get into a story like this. But I can see the regular crowds coming away thinking, where was Vader? Why didn't we get to see Obi Wan fight some imperials?

But what if Vader was in the movie looking for Obi Wan, but they never meet in the film? What if Vader sends inquisitors searching for Obi Wan, or sets a trap to lure Obi Wan out of hiding for the inquisitors to capture or try to kill him?

It's like you're a ****ing professional storyteller or something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.