Obi-Wan movie? Now that's a rumour I haven't heard in a long time

Filthy Jawa

Or, I guess it's not a rumour anymore(?) It's being reported that production is to start on the previously-rumoured Obi-Wan movie in January 2019....so it should be released sometime in 2020.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/12/lucasfilm-start-production-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-spinoff-january-2019/

http://omegaunderground.com/2017/12/09/lucasfilm-eyeing-early-2019-production-start-kenobi-anthology-film/

Confirmed in August I think

Confirmed by someone saying there waas rumor and somebody else picking up and saying so-and-so said it was a rumor, and eventually turning into a solid belief.

Guest El Chalupacabra

As for the other movies, we can only speculate, although there’s been rumours that the likes of Boba Fett, Yoda and even Jabba the Hutt are being lined up for solo films.

This bit has been rumored for literally years, now. I've said it before, and will say it again, I would have much preferred two Obi Wan movies instead of one, and a Han Solo movie. Really, I think there could be enough for an Obi Wan trilogy, but I know I am in the minority opinion there, and that really is asking too much. But two 90 minute to 2 hour movies is still doable, without going overboard. Movie one could be Obi Wan after ROTS, and Movie 2 could be closer to ANH, maybe even during the events of Rogue One.

I think they can pretty much combine Boba Fett and Jabba into one movie, if they make them at all. I don't see a need to give those characters their own movies, though. I could be on board with a Boba movie if they ape Sergio Leone's style. Don't give a rat's ass about Jabba movie, though.

Not sure what we need a Yoda movie for, either. We already saw Yoda in action during the PT. We already know the Jedi Order is doomed to fail. Not sure where they can take it, other than a young Yoda movie, which I am not sure I care to see. I'd much rather see an ancient Sith movie set during the old republic era...maybe how the Sith Order was finally destroyed by the Jedi, and the rule of 2 was formed. I could be on board with Yoda in that, recounting the tale to Obi Wan, and maybe even Anakin, in cameo. Or maybe even Ghost Yoda to younger Old Luke, for that matter.

Here's a thought: instead of all these supporting characters (besides Obi Wan, of course) getting their own movies, how about a couple Rogue One-style movies set between ANH and ROTJ. Get the same team to do them, that did Rogue One.

Here's a thought: instead of all these supporting characters (besides Obi Wan, of course) getting their own movies, how about a couple Rogue One-style movies set between ANH and ROTJ. Get the same team to do them, that did Rogue One.

Since Palpatine knew all along the Rebels were attacking Death Star II and the shield generator and set up a trap for them in ROTJ, a movie set between ESB and ROTJ could work as a spy thriller.

As Boba Fett trains a young female Bounty Hunter who is hell bent on joining the ranks of the Empire.

That made me think of Aurra Sing (who predates Boba, I know), but that's the kind of character spinoff I would prefer. I don't want to learn more about actual supporting characters from the films - it destroys their mystique.

But I like how Aurra Sing developed in the EU from a random shot in TPM. Or that rogue Jedi guy.. I forget his name (edit: Quinlan Vos)..who was a background guy in AOTC or one of those movies. There are some to draw on from Maz's place in TFA. Or how about creating original characters? Worked in Rogue One.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Since Palpatine knew all along the Rebels were attacking Death Star II and the shield generator and set up a trap for them in ROTJ, a movie set between ESB and ROTJ could work as a spy thriller.

It doesn't have to be how the rebels acquired the Death Star II plans. It could be any mission. I just mean in the style of Rogue One.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Like.. The Great Escape: A starwars story

Or Cross of Iron: A starwars story...

OR: Das Boot: A Star Wars Story

Why not? Rogue One was basically Dirty Dozen.

But I was thinking something more along the lines of Firefox.

I would like a Star Wars horror movie.

You have a small Rebel team on Yaavin 8. A forest planet in the same system as the rebel base. They are there setting up a sensor relay when the Death Star arrives, cutting them off from the Alliance.

Their ship is damaged so they think they are stuck, then they see a single TIE fighter crash in the distance. They go check it out hoping to find a ship they can use. The planet has a rotation that puts them in a night phase that lasts for days. In that time, something hunts them down one by one, killing them off.

And in the last 5 minutes you realize the monster is Vader.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.