Star Wars crossovers?

Odine

Now that Disney owns Fox (and therefore pretty much 90% of the film content we watch) what are the chances do you think they'll do something like a Star Wars/ Marvel Crossover. Or something else as stupid? Having characters from other franchises show up?

I'd like to think the chances of that happening are NIL. Buuuuuuut I'm not so sure....

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think we may see Marvel films having Star Wars merchandise or some other product placement in the back ground, or referencing Star Wars in some witty banter or dialogue. Maybe not a straight up lightsaber, but maybe there will be a similar device and a character calls it a lightsaber as an inside joke. I don't see the Avengers showing up to battle the First Order, though.

Now that Disney owns Fox (and therefore pretty much 90% of the film content we watch) what are the chances do you think they'll do something like a Star Wars/ Marvel Crossover. Or something else as stupid? Having characters from other franchises show up?

Shhhhhhhhhh!!! Disney will hear you and think it's a good idea.

Yeah.. And the addition of the off key humour.

I feel like Star Wars is going to slowly slip into being just another movie franchise that I somewhat enjoy, but certainly am not passionate about. And it kind of makes me sad. But I guess most things go that way

Agreed. I have not played TOR yet but I plan on devoting my next year to it. But I also love the Old Republic era.

In two days, I will begin playing my favorite game on earth, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, as it will be the twentieth anniversary of the first time I played it when my dad bought it for me for my fourteenth birthday back in 1997 (which was what got me into the EU, really). That game started it all. My journey would not have happened if it weren't for that game.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Dark Forces II Jedi Knight is one of my all time favorite video games. Graphics are dated now, but still really playable. I also had the companion game Mysteries of the Sith. Not quite as fun or well written, but you play as Mara Jade and it was still fun enough. Pretty much any Kyle Katarn game was always a blast.

Guest El Chalupacabra

He's no Dash Rendar.

And Dash is no Han Solo (but a cool character, nonetheless)!

While Kyle Katarn came out before Dash, Shadows was another awesome game, too. The graphics for Shadows on N64 were better than the PS1 version of Dark Forces 1! Loved Shadows back in the day!

Kind of wish there had been a crossover with Dash Rendar and Kyle Katarn in the games that followed. At the very least, with the Rogue Squadron games, since Nintendo had them and Shadows exclusively in the N64 and Gamecube days.

Oddly it is the games that give me more satisfaction now than the cinematic Sagas.

That sucks considering we're a decade into a dark age for Star Wars video games, and it's only getting worse.

Hrmmm SWTOR still looks and plays well. As good as any other current MMO (aside from things like black desert online) and the somewhat cartoony design lends itself to ageing well, since things like skin textures are simplified to the most basic 3d cartoon form. But with lighting settings maximised it still looks great.

And there are new games under production that will no doubt end the drought.

I still love the films.. I just get more out of games.

Hrmmm SWTOR still looks and plays well.

Already six years old. Not exactly a failure, but I think the consensus is that it fell short of expectations. The first Battlefront game is in the same boat. Battlefront 2 managed to be a publicity dumpster fire that has business practices so scuzzy that there's literally pending legislation being initiated against it.

We used to have a steady stream of good to excellent Star Wars games. Now we're getting an "it's okay" games every few years.

Hrmmm SWTOR still looks and plays well.

Already six years old. Not exactly a failure, but I think the consensus is that it fell short of expectations. The first Battlefront game is in the same boat. Battlefront 2 managed to be a publicity dumpster fire that has business practices so scuzzy that there's literally pending legislation being initiated against it.

We used to have a steady stream of good to excellent Star Wars games. Now we're getting an "it's okay" games every few years.

Won't debate you on either of those points.

But SWTOR is still fun to play, and updates, patches and additional content have kept it going with a very loyal fan base. An MMO can't be judged by launch reaction. It's an ongoing service based product.

Regardless, your main point is true. There haven't been any "classics" released for a long time. But hopefully that might change in the coming few years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.