The Star Wars Episode 9 speculation and things you want to see thread (TLJ spoilers)

Guest El Chalupacabra

Skywalker Family - I am personally still not 100% convinced that Rey isn't a Skywalker of some sort. I think it's still entirely possible that Kylo and Snoke were lying to her. I get that there's a lot of suggestion that Rey and Kylo have a thing going on there, but it's no more suggestive than things were for Luke and Leia in Empire. I still think it's entirely possible that they're siblings or cousins. Even if they aren't related, I still think there's a lot of room for Rey to take the last name of Skywalker either by ending up with a redeemed Ben, or just adopting the name in general to carry it on in honor of her adopted family.

If this were another series, I'd suggest they just have her and Ben do the bow-chick-a-wow-wow in Act II, have Rey kill him in Act III, and then pop out a brand-new Skywalker 9 months later.

In Phil Szostak's The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi there is concept art for a Kylo Ren look that they decided against for TLJ. Maybe they go with this for Episode IX?

If he was more pale that could work. As a starting point anyway. But I'm glad he didn't look like that for TLJ.

Maybe further Kylos edge by heightening his sense of destiny and self importance. Really dig into that moment in TLJ with Rey and that shes a nobody. Heritage is important to him, but conflictingly so he wants to burn the past down, so dig into that. He believes he is right, others are nothing. When you devalue others you are capable of anything, thats the Kylo weve been shown and so build on it. Heighten his vanity, repair that scar even more. Give him a new outfit, extravangant perhaps but still warriorish. Maybe that Palpatine blue color instead of jet black. He likes to smash stuff, he force choked and flipped Hux... eh thats mellow... have an officer upset him and he beats his head into a wall just like he did his Kylo Ren helmet. Just keeps going pounding the offenders head into a wall until he himself cant breathe anymore.

Skywalker Family - I am personally still not 100% convinced that Rey isn't a Skywalker of some sort. I think it's still entirely possible that Kylo and Snoke were lying to her. I get that there's a lot of suggestion that Rey and Kylo have a thing going on there, but it's no more suggestive than things were for Luke and Leia in Empire. I still think it's entirely possible that they're siblings or cousins. Even if they aren't related, I still think there's a lot of room for Rey to take the last name of Skywalker either by ending up with a redeemed Ben, or just adopting the name in general to carry it on in honor of her adopted family.

If this were another series, I'd suggest they just have her and Ben do the bow-chick-a-wow-wow in Act II, have Rey kill him in Act III, and then pop out a brand-new Skywalker 9 months later.

SOLD.

LOL

For the record, Im leaning towards Rose being disappointed when Poe and Finn hook up.

Legally. We're talking about the blood. Baby got that Skywalker Force blood. If somebody says they're 1/4 Cherokee nobody is like "But you have a white last name."

True. :-)

Maybe further Kylos edge by heightening his sense of destiny and self importance. Really dig into that moment in TLJ with Rey and that shes a nobody. Heritage is important to him, but conflictingly so he wants to burn the past down, so dig into that. He believes he is right, others are nothing. When you devalue others you are capable of anything, thats the Kylo weve been shown and so build on it. Heighten his vanity, repair that scar even more. Give him a new outfit, extravangant perhaps but still warriorish. Maybe that Palpatine blue color instead of jet black. He likes to smash stuff, he force choked and flipped Hux... eh thats mellow... have an officer upset him and he beats his head into a wall just like he did his Kylo Ren helmet. Just keeps going pounding the offenders head into a wall until he himself cant breathe anymore.

That all sounds cool!

Though I saw you mention his vanity in the other thread too . I kind of didn't get that from him.. Unless you are referring to the shirtless scene... In which case I would say he's buff cause he's meant to be a martial arts warrior, not because he goes to the gym and works on his pecs.

But yeah play up his vanity or sense of self worth to egomaniacal levels for sure.

The vanity thing is layered for me.

Kylo appears to care greatly how he is perceived, which in part is shown in his adoption of the Vader mimic persona and voice changer helmet. He lashes out greatly at anything that damages the persona he has adopted, whether hes failed at something or had his wardrobe questioned. He appears to have had medical attention for his facial wound prior to TLJ, yet during TLJ he gets more medical attention on what is only a scar (suggesting scar reduction/removal). He is young and a warrior so his fitness is totally in line with that, but he maintains his fitness when we know that isnt needed for using the Force with tremendous effect or for lightsaber dueling (look at Palpatine, Yoda and even Snoke). Rey asks him to cover up, but he doesnt either because he enjoys her discomfort and or he wants her to notice and appreciate the specimen that he is.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Eh, Kylo and Rey hooking up, let alone producing offspring is not something I want to see, personally. Episode 9 should be the end of the Skywalker story, since Rey is apparently not a Skywalker. Having some Skywalker show up that we never heard of before, or Rey getting knocked up by Kylo would seem cheap. Luke saying Kylo cannot be redeemed and Leia, his mother, finally acknowledging that, as well as Rey closing the door of the Falcon on Kylo was, to me, confirmation that Kylo is officially beyond redemption. Also, Rey's existence and Luke acknowledging hi own hubris really (to me) drives home the fact that to think only a Skywalker can be strong in the force and usher in a new age of the Jedi, is vanity.

Why would Rey then hook up with someone like Kylo? It would make her look like a stupid girl with a thing for bad boys, not the harbinger of the new ways of the Jedi.

It would be interesting if she fell in love with him (or visa versa) obliviously, despite his darkness/her light. Neither willing to turn to either side until one of them realises the other is totally under their skin.

Kinda like the Bastilla/Revan thing.

I'm not sure what could be done with it... But I'm sure there is something there.

But that would prabably ruin my Kylo going skinhead Darth Malgus vibe.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I still don't want even that. Too cliche. Love does NOT conquer all, sometimes, anyway.

Also, like I said, stupid girl who has a thing for the bad boy ruins Rey's character.

For the record I am officially off Reylo too. At least from Reys perspective. I am intrigued by Kylo being obsessed with her however and feel both films so far have laid ground for that subtext.

I think Rey should show him care and love cause she wants to save him, he falls in love with her, and when shes like No, youre still a fascist murder so its never going to happen he gets all mad and blows up a planet cause hes been friend-zoned.

Kylo is totally a bro who thinks the friend zone is a real thing.

I think Rey should show him care and love cause she wants to save him, he falls in love with her, and when shes like No, youre still a fascist murder so its never going to happen he gets all mad and blows up a planet cause hes been friend-zoned.

Yeah. Anakin got him some and was not too impressed with the Death Star.

Now I'm seeing other scenes in a different light. "Girl? What Girl?!?"

Guest El Chalupacabra

Now I don't mind if Kylo wants to "possess" Rey, but Rey should NOT reciprocate, beyond the duty of what a jedi would be. But like I said 50 times before, the door is closed, IMHO. Rey's point of view should be if she can't turn him back to the light, she must put the rabid dog down.

Episode 9 should be the end of the Skywalker story, since Rey is apparently not a Skywalker.

Maybe it all goes to letting the past die and all that which was, somewhat ironically, Kylo Ren's desire in this movie. But I do not want the Skywalker story to end. I'm sorry, but the Skywalker family IS Star Wars and without them, even the main series would be little more than side stories like Rogue One. It just wouldn't be the same.

Besides, honestly, I don't think Daisy Ridley can carry the series all by herself through another Trilogy. She needs a strong partner to work off of.

But in the next trilogy shed be the Obi-Wan / old Luke to teach the actual Skywalker heir. (Ben sowed some wild oats).

Theres your Episode X entry point. Ben had a fling, and whilst pregnant his female friend saw what he became and ran.

The movie starts with the Resistance mounting an attack on some First Order installation. All the main characters have some role in it. It fails perhaps due to some double cross. Rey gets seperated from the Resistance. While looking for a way back she runs into a boy, late teens, who she can sense the Force in. She takes him under her wing.

Meanwhile despite the events of TLJ Kylo is still convinced him and Rey should be on the same side together, he is obsessed with finding her like Vader is obsessed with Luke in Empire. However when he finds out she has this new "apprentice" it infuriates him. How can she be "partners in the Force" so to speak with someone new. She is supposed to be partners with him.

In his own twisted mind he believes if he can kill the boy and leave Rey alone again that she will join him.

At the end of the movie the Resistance wins some large victory that opens the floodgates to a larger Rebellion, but doesn't defeat the First Order in any way. However Reys new apprentice is killed, she obviously still refuses Kylo although her anger has her teeter on darkness but she does;t go over. Her and Kylo sort of end in a draw.

Despite her sadness at the death of her first apprentice she realizes that teaching new Jedi is what she was born to do. The last scene of the movie is her standing in front of small number of students, giving them their first lesson in The Force.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.