Can the NSA keep secrets?

Ms. Spam

You know what else I believe? That all your negative reactions to what I say are not even fully genuine. I think you're a charicature of your ideal for for yourself. You're the equal opposite of one of those pastors who secretly gay or has a secret mixed race family who's at the forefront of anti-gay or white supremacist movements. I think you've said enough intelligent things to make me believe your ignorant reactions are actually bogus. That you're a left-wing thug smart enough to know better and a bad actor.

Wow. Why does an answer have to be about Tank?

China has been trying for years to get at our secrets and Russia didn't just meddle in the US's election process.

In the end why would anyone want our secrets? We're probably the worst country in the world right now. The culture in DC right now probably makes it rife with people who work for the government that would sell out or "whistle blow" anyways.

You know what else I believe? That all your negative reactions to what I say are not even fully genuine. I think you're a charicature of your ideal for for yourself. You're the equal opposite of one of those pastors who secretly gay or has a secret mixed race family who's at the forefront of anti-gay or white supremacist movements. I think you've said enough intelligent things to make me believe your ignorant reactions are actually bogus. That you're a left-wing thug smart enough to know better and a bad actor.

That tracks with all the other stuff you believe, too.

• 5 weeks later...

In the end why would anyone want our secrets? We're probably the worst country in the world right now. The culture in DC right now probably makes it rife with people who work for the government that would sell out or "whistle blow" anyways.

I'd imagine there's heaps of money to be made from knowing what's about to happen, not just in terms of foreign governments trying to keep ahead of the US, but also in the corporate world, ie. preparing for legislation by either lobbying against it before it becomes a public issue or changing things up in the company, knowing who's getting what contracts so they can be underbid, undermined or bought out, knowing who's on the outs with the government so efforts can be focused on more powerful individuals, etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.