What was Lucas's original Plan for Ep. 7?

Quetzalcoatl

I just read that the main reason he sold was because that would allow him to finally be 'hands off'.   George wanted to be with his family.  He explained that if he kept ownership but delegated everything to everyone, it still wouldn't work.   He had to sell it in order to keep himself away from it to be with his family. 

It’s hard to say exactly, but he donates a lot to charity that people know about and also donates a lot without telling anyone. My guess would be that he hasn’t donated the full 5 billion yet, but that he’s donated a lot.

4 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

It’s hard to say exactly, but he donates a lot to charity that people know about and also donates a lot without telling anyone. My guess would be that he hasn’t donated the full 5 billion yet, but that he’s donated a lot.

Well a lot of Billionaires do donate.  GL seems to do it because he genuinely wants to help people (particularly education), from what I briefly read a few minutes ago, so good on him.

Just now, Zathras said:

Well a lot of Billionaires do donate.  GL seems to do it because he genuinely wants to help people (particularly education), from what I briefly read a few minutes ago, so good on him.

Even if he gave away every penny from Disney on the first day, he already had more than enough money to live 50 lifetimes in absolute luxury, so I have no question about his desire to donate the whole amount. 

He steal gets a small payout as everything that is made still has his name listed as creator in the credits. That is a truly minimal payout compared to the money he has. But he didn't sell "Star Wars" he sold Lucasfilm. That includes the franchises like Star Wars Indy, Willow, and all the other IP. The Lucasarts video game empire, all of the publish rights, the toys, etc etc etc-- there's a reason the pay out was 4 billion.

And he is known as being super charitable,. He's building a sci-fi film museum here in LA that is costing hundreds of millions with his own money and letting USC run and profit from it once completed.

As much as I hate the PT, George is a decent guy. He also does what he says. If he says he's retired, he's retired. He has NEVER liked playing by studio rules, so the idea that he'd suddenly allow himself to be hired to work under the Disney system, put on a budget, and told to deliver a product based of a thing he created? No way.

The whole idea only came about from fanboys who hate the ST wanting him to come back-- which is hilarious because that same brans of fanboy was the one calling for his head when the PT was out.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucas has always had the reputation of taking care of people who worked for him, no matter how small their contributions may have seemed. A new story just published by the Wall Street Journal spotlights Disney’s refusal to continue royalty payments to all the authors who wrote for Lucasfilm before its sale to Disney. I’m sure legally speaking a giant corporation like this can weasel its way out of paying people. But it doesn’t look good that it does so. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.