Why did Owen by C3P0?

You're right, that's probably Zekk. If I recall, he and Jaina were pretty close near the beginning of the Legacy of the Force when this probably happened because of the whole "Joiner" thing where they could read each other's thoughts.

I don't have those books in my collection. Anyone want to check if there was a meal the whole family shared before Jacen went bad? And maybe figure out why Han's pointing a space fork at Luke.

The Dark Nest stuff with the Joiners was some of my least favorite non-Hambly EU material.

My question is how old is the C3P0 model? Because in terms of gauging it's processing power and how many 'miles' it has on it, that is literally all Owen has to go by besides checking how dusty it is and asking if it speaks Bacce.

Also, you could buy a RAM 1500 Truck, but every year has a new upgrade of that model. What, was the C3P0 model a limited make from a specific time? He coulda been buying a hella old droid, that has been passed down to thousands of owners. The droid could be on it's last leg. How does he know?

I'd guess there are probably billions of C-3POs out there. If there are millions of inhabited planets in the Star Wars galaxy, and hundreds of billions - or even many trillions - of beings in the galaxy, for Owen to be able to guess at a glance that Goldenrod was probably programmed for etiquette and protocol means that they must be common enough for even a moisture farmer in the back-end of the galaxy to recognize one. There are probably dozens in the major cities of Tatooine, with all the rich folks in Mos Eisley having at least two protocol droids like C-3PO.

Of course, now we know that Owen had interacted with a prissy protocol droid before, so maybe his memory of C-3PO influenced his guess, and he just happened to be correct because he just by chance was talking to the exact same droid. But that's boring.

I really hate having to type out C-3PO instead T-h-r-e-e-p-i-o, by the way - and for some strange reason T-h-r-e-e-p-i-o comes out auto corrected as "ofPO".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.