ESPN

Tex

I saw that the Dolphins owner did a total 180 as well and issued rules that the protests stop. Just a couple weeks ago he was literally on the field supporting them and issuing press releases. He said something about Trump changing the controversy from social justice to patriotism and respecting the nation. Which is just nonsense considering the distaste for the action on those grounds well precedes Trump mentioning it at a Strange rally.

But whatever. We all know the real reason is that the billionaires are looking at their bottom lines and are not happy.

But whatever. We all know the real reason is that the billionaires are looking at their bottom lines and are not happy.

I think it’s incumbent upon the players today, because of how the public is looking at it, to stand and salute the flag.” -Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross

He pretty much admitted that the only reason owners like he and Jones are coming out now to defend the flag is because fans are turning on the league.

Let's use this an an example. You have the "dreamers" in California that were blocking that freeway. Now they're trying to get their point across. As someone going to work of trying to get to the airport or whatever, you could give a flying fuck because now they've made you late or are just holding you up. They've inconvenienced you so now you just wish they'd go away even if you agree with them. Not the right time or place. That's what's happening here. The fans might agree with them, and I believe a lot do, but they just don't want it interrupting their leisure time.

It's been a year already. When are some of these guys actually going to "start the conversation"? I know some have on a local level, but no one is seeing that.

If that response was to me, my point was more along the lines of:

Fans complaining about protests, want owners to act

Owners act

Fans complaining that owners only acted because of angry fans

Owners act

It's the way it the world today. Though I would probably guess those saying that are thinking it's a weird look considering last week they were kneeling with them.

Owners act

It's the way it the world today. Though I would probably guess those saying that are thinking it's a weird look considering last week they were kneeling with them.

Last week the protests were completely different, though. Last week they were protesting a moron trying to tell them how to run their business.

• 2 weeks later...

The fascinating thing about ESPN is that they're trying so hard to expand their market at the expense of the folks that made them. It's sheer hubris. They never saw this kneeling thing coming.

The bottom line is that nobody is going to watch two guys bicker over a sport when they can easily see the score on their smartphone.

I've always felt that commentary is best when it comes from an ex coach, rather than an ex player. Coaches tend to provide more insight, whereas players tend to have a more narrow point of view. There's only so many times that one can hear that a QB need to throw so and so the ball. I'd much rather hear an ex coach talk about what the TEAM needs to do to win.

They really need a culture change, because this has been going on for a while, and I'm not surprised that it's evolved into a big problem.

Don't even get me started on fantasy football.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.