Treverrow out of Episode IX

Darth Krawlie

I would argue they're slightly different. I enjoy spaceship chases (ESB, TFA), but the huge spaceships-everywhere-can't-make-sense-of-what's-going-on battles (ROTJ, TFA) are pontkess to me.

I think ROTJ's space battle is the best precisely because it's so easy to follow. At any given moment you can tell everything that's going on, who is in which ship and so on. No aerial battle has ever been as well choreographed on film.

I think ROTJ's space battle is the best precisely because it's so easy to follow. At any given moment you can tell everything that's going on, who is in which ship and so on. No aerial battle has ever been as well choreographed on film.

Okay, maybe I need to rewatch. In my memory it's chaos.

I don't know about it having the best choreography, but the best thing RotJ had going for it was that its climactic battle lasted for over 35 minutes, yet never felt like it was outlasting its welcome. Each of the three sections had its own logical progression and didn't step on the other. At no point did I wish that they would get over one part so we could get back to another. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a film that juggled three separate action sequences of different type and tone for so long as well as RotJ. I can think of very few that even tried.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.