Treverrow out of Episode IX

Darth Krawlie

I'm glad they pushed it to December beyond the creative reasons, Star Wars just feels more like a Holiday release at this point.

May would be fine for a spinoff, but at this point I love the idea of seeing one of the main installments the week before Christmas. It's fun being able to see it during the time off or with family.

I can't think of any JJ Abrams stuff I've disliked, but I also can't think of anything I've had any interest in watching more than twice. And the only one I watched twice was TFA.

Yep. After the second viewing, I know for sure I'll never watch it again.

I'm surprised at the hate for TFA. I thought it was solid. The hitting-the-same-beats-as-ANH thing was a bit distracting and the Nazi rally was over the top, so it's not like I can't criticize it, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it overall. The pluses far outweighed the minuses.

A few:

- Kylo Ren is a great character. His conflicted, emo, whininess echoes his grandfather, but it feels fresh and different. Also AD is a much better actor than HC.

- A SW movie without fart and poo jokes just feels right.

- Daisy Ridley sells this stuff better than anyone in the entire series probably.

- Loved the blending of the old and new characters, didn't feel forced once for me.

- Dialogue and use of humour was updated, but still in line with the OT

I've watched it probably five times and I get literal chills every time that lightsaber flies into Rey's hand (no joke). Maybe I'm a sucker for all the movie-making tricks that make that moment, but to me that is already one of the greatest SW moments of all-time.

I'm okay with JJ returning.

Small? 12 out of every 10 viewers hated it.

Also: I liked it. I own it. I would watch it again, I just haven't felt any burning desire. Similar to Star Trek. I have absolutely nothing against TFA, it just isn't as exciting.

Now if I had to wait three years between films, I probably would have watched it more. But the excitement is definitely diluted by seeing a new movie every year.

The first part of my post was mocking those who claim that everyone hates it and they've polled everyone they ever knew. Otherwise, I'm within the 83% that liked it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.