Treverrow out of Episode IX

Darth Krawlie

No it's not, they changed his arm color in the movie just to like show "hey stuff has happened over the years 3PO has a new arm!!!" with no intention of ever explaining it. Then since there are crazed fans who will look at anything and everything they had a story that explained it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

No it's not, they changed his arm color in the movie just to like show "hey stuff has happened over the years 3PO has a new arm!!!" with no intention of ever explaining it. Then since there are crazed fans who will look at anything and everything they had a story that explained it.

Actually, no.

When I brought up the red arm, I was referring to the comic that gives the entire backstory as to why C3PO had a red arm. I was saying it was a cheap ploy because like you say in the film, it's left a mystery unless you read the comic or do like what I did, and googled it.

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if you were being serious. Bounty hunters have pretty much been painted as bad guys in this galaxy. Seeing Ahsoka as one would be off kilter.

I agree that Filoni's writing is problematic. He had Vader encounter Kanan and Ezra, which led him to discover not only that Ahsoka is alive, but she's fighting for the Rebellion. And when he tells the Emperor about this, Palpatine says this is an opportunity they cannot let pass because it may lead them to finding other Jedi in hiding. To which Vader replies, such as Kenobi. This was great, exactly the reaction you'd expect from Vader and Palpatine. And then there's no follow through. This writing is frustrating because the series makes clear that had Vader followed through, he very well would've found Obi Wan hiding out on Tattooine. Maul and Ezra found him. And now Ezra is now running around the galaxy as a Jedi-in-training fighting for the Rebellion with this knowledge of Kenobi at his disposal. Makes the series feel more like a "what if" than a canon storyline.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Oh ok. I wasn't sure if you were being serious. Bounty hunters have pretty much been painted as bad guys in this galaxy. Seeing Ahsoka as one would be off kilter.

I agree that Filoni's writing is problematic. He had Vader encounter Kanan and Ezra, which led him to discover not only that Ahsoka is alive, but she's fighting for the Rebellion. And when he tells the Emperor about this, Palpatine says this is an opportunity they cannot let pass because it may lead them to finding other Jedi in hiding. To which Vader replies, such as Kenobi. This was great, exactly the reaction you'd expect from Vader and Palpatine. And then there's no follow through. This writing is frustrating because the series makes clear that had Vader followed through, he very well would've found Obi Wan hiding out on Tattooine. Maul and Ezra found him. And now Ezra is now running around the galaxy as a Jedi-in-training fighting for the Rebellion with this knowledge of Kenobi at his disposal. Makes the series feel more like a "what if" than a canon storyline.

Great post.

Actually hadn't thought about this, but now that you point it out, good point.

Whenever I see inconsistencies with Vader's actions like that, it gets me thinking. Now, I know the real issue is multiple writers over a span of 40+ years will cause inconsistencies like this, but I still try to come up with in-universe head canon explanations.

Take your example, and add to it Vader's failure at the end of Rogue One to recapture the Deathstar Plans (and making no attempt to force-pull the ship before it goes into hyperspace, and then Vader talking Tarkin into placing a tracking device on the Falcon and letting them escape only to later have the Deathstar destroyed, then Vader not killing Luke in TESB or trying to force-pull him back after Luke jumps, and finally Vader being conflicted throughout the entire duel in ROTJ, it makes me wonder something. What if an explanation for all that is Vader is actually more conflicted than even he realizes, and is subconsciously screwing up on purpose?

You would think gestures wouldn't be all that important. After all, these are telekinetic abilities we are discussing. But the saga has been pretty consistent in showing Force users using physical gestures when bending something or someone to their will. Obi Wan waving his hand around while using the mind trick to get the droids by the troopers. Yoda raising his hand up to pull the X-wing out of the water. Luke raising his hand to knock out the guards in Jabba's palace. There are many other examples in all 7 films. They do it so much so that it even became an in-joke in TPM when Watto tells Qui Gonn, "what do you think you're some kind of Jedi waving your hand like that..."

I just read an article about Rian Johnson apparently taking himself out of the race to direct IX, but if you actually read what he says, he says this: "It was never really in the plans for me to direct Episode IX, so I don't know what's going to happen with it." He added "whoever does it, I'm going to be really excited to be an audience member again and sit down and see what the next filmmaker has to show us and where this story ends up going."

To me, that's just him saying, well I've not been asked and I'm cool with it if they pick someone else, not actually saying he won't do it.

I can't think of any JJ Abrams stuff I've disliked, but I also can't think of anything I've had any interest in watching more than twice. And the only one I watched twice was TFA.

Sometimes the safe choice is the right one. It's like in sports. Everyone wants to hire the hot young assistant who has a scheme that is gonna light the league on fire. More often than not those guys fail. Sometimes you just gotta hire the guy who knows how to run a team.

It's like when my Giants hired Coughlin. He was the boring guy who ran basic stuff. Worked out well.

In reality you have a guy who made a Star Wars movie which made 2 billion bucks. A movie which is over 90% on RT and generally very well liked. If this guy is willing to come back for the next movie how can you not bring him back. Really is the only choice they can make.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.