Panic! Harvey is coming.

Ms. Spam

What that articles lacks is context. I listened to Rush at lunch all this week and I remember those comments. What it leaves out is that Rush was talking about the University of Tampa professor that called Houston get hit by Harvey karma. Then he went after the Climate Changers who called what happened with Harvey a result of climate change when they provided no proof that Harvey was the result of anything other than being a hurricane that stalled out over a city.

Look Rush is an acquired taste. His ego is part of the schtick and he weaves it i to the show. So yeah he comes off as a smartass. And he is. And why wouldn't he evacuate? He lives in West Palm Beach in an level 1 zone. It was mandatory and he left. Context.

Hurricanes aren't caused by climate change. Hurricanes happen every year. But will there be more Category 4 and 5 hurricanes in the future because of changed climates? That's the question. If only there were some method for studying and maybe even predicting such things... nah, who'd believe any cranks who would spout off about stuff like that? :lol:

I used to work for Clear Channel, and met Rush a few times. His on air personality is mostly an act... but it's an irresponsible one. A lot of his audience believes everything he says. When his actions could cause harm, that's irresponsible. When his actions don't match his image. I think it's funny. That's the context.

Hey I voted for Trump. So it is my karma that I'm going to take a direct hit. You know even though the county went blue for Hillary. Sorry Jennifer Lawrence. Houston went for Hillary as well right? Seems if the right wanted to there is a narrative that COULD be spun. I'd rather worry about this storm though.

Rush also made a comment about the spotty violence that occurred in Dade-Broward over water at stores. He suggested as a solution that instead of violence, people should take empty containers and turn on their faucets. I laughed because he had a point. The next day he was ripped by Al Roker and The Today Show for being insensitive. So it's insensitive to say that people should just use tap water instead of commiting assault?

Again... he said a thing. He did another, I laughed. You can try and turn this into a debate all you want, but guess what-- Sometimes I am posting observations that amuse me.

This site is so insanely negative.

I know I'm just as much to blame for that as anybody else, but it's borderline toxic that posting a link of something that I found funny is instantly open to dissection, discussion, and somehow, that I am wrong for feeling the way I do.

I'm pretty much out of fucks to give on whether you think I'm part of a gaslit liberal media zombie or not.

Dude. I was so worried yesterday and today I'm still kind of freaking out about Irma. I have not only friends from nightly in Florida but lots of my Grandma's family is in Florida. Sarasota and Orlando are on my "watch" list for things to check on.

And then I have a cousin who just bought a house in Beaumont and lived in it for only two weeks before it flooded. They did not have flood insurance and have started a go fund me. I went to help clean up and what takes four hours to drive in a car took 10 hours. Mold is so bad I'm home today with allergy issues even though I wore a mask to help tear down and put everything on a curb. It's so surreal when you have to put everything a person owns out to be picked up. Teevees, beds, furniture, carpet, toys to walls! And who knows when it will get picked up. Katrina really struck me and this time the jolt wasn't as bad but I am soooooo grateful for what I have right now.

I'm getting money donation weary and am willing to work in lieu of money. I have been fostering kitties and the kids have started supporting a Houston classroom with letters.

Again... he said a thing. He did another, I laughed. You can try and turn this into a debate all you want, but guess what-- Sometimes I am posting observations that amuse me.

This site is so insanely negative.

I know I'm just as much to blame for that as anybody else, but it's borderline toxic that posting a link of something that I found funny is instantly open to dissection, discussion, and somehow, that I am wrong for feeling the way I do.

I'm pretty much out of ****s to give on whether you think I'm part of a gaslit liberal media zombie or not.

I wasn't trying to debate. I was commenting basically to the individuals themselves who made the comments. Kinda fucked up to lay blame for an act of God onto someone who has a philisophical difference than you.(not you) Also the kind of disdain it takes to trash someone for stating something, albeit a crassly, that made sense.

I don't lump all Dems, liberals, conservatives, and others together. Every individual has their own personal beliefs. I don't judge you Driver on your world views. Now your views on the TPM........

Back to the storm. We've been doing sweeps of the neighborhood to remove anything people just left outside. Kills me that the property management didn't go around and remove the for sale signs. Since realtors have to go through them to have the signs made by the property themselves you'd think m they'd be on top of it. Hell we pay almost 4 times the average in property taxes. Gonna bring that up in a few days.

So it's insensitive to say that people should just use tap water instead of commiting assault?

No, it's "insensitive" to say that hurricane model forecasts are deliberately adjusted to scare people for political reasons.
Dude. This is kinda the wrong thread to have this argument, but what I was specifically referring to was what was said on The Today Show.

I will be studiously watching Irma's progress from across the country, while trying not to barf with worry. My trip already got extended two days. Work will be so pleased. Oh, well, I can't control cancelled flights.

Oh please, they aren't going to be working, either. Florida Tech isn't even going to reopen offices until Thursday and they are further away from the center of circulation than your site is. There will likely be some cleanup required and maybe minimal water damage. It's going to dump a lot of rain.

I'm getting money donation weary and am willing to work in lieu of money. I have been fostering kitties and the kids have started supporting a Houston classroom with letters.

There is a time for monetary donations and a time for donations of time and labor. Give what you are able to, but ultimately it was your cousin's responsibilty to get proper insurance. It's expensive and it sucks but when you live along the Gulf like that, you fork out for it. I got hurricane and flood insurance when I had my condo in Florida. I hope he's able to get some sort of federal assistance.

I will be studiously watching Irma's progress from across the country, while trying not to barf with worry. My trip already got extended two days. Work will be so pleased. Oh, well, I can't control cancelled flights.

Oh please, they aren't going to be working, either. Florida Tech isn't even going to reopen offices until Thursday and they are further away from the center of circulation than your site is. There will likely be some cleanup required and maybe minimal water damage. It's going to dump a lot of rain.

You forget, I work for the power company. ;) If it's really bad, it will be all hands on deck.

I live in Palm Beach County. My brother and mother both managed not to lose power at all even though they were about 10 miles closer to the storm. My father and workplace still doesn't have any power the last time I checked. I lost power 12 hours before the worst of it for some reason when things weren't even all that bad. Just one of those things.

I really regretted not taking up my brother on his offer to let me use his house as a shelter after he booked it out of town. I could have ridden it out in comfort. Or at least with reading lights. When you're not in any particular danger, hurricanes are mostly boring. Also expensive. I'm basically out of most of two weeks worth of work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.