Krawlie! First day of school.

Ms. Spam

I remember Keilan's last day of Kindergarten. I got to school to pick him up at parent pick-up, thinking 'ah, it's summer break, Keilan's gonna be happy, everyone is gonna be happy, oh happy day.' Walk in, 'Happy' by Pharrell is playing on the loud speakers, parents are crying and I'm like 'what the hell is going on?' Walk around the corner, teachers are crying, then I spot Keilan (my son) with his classmates in the hallway hugging his teacher and I see him with the biggest crocodile tears and before I know it I'M CRYING. Keilan is like 'WAH IM NEVER GONNA SEE MS. KIST AGAIN I DONT WANNA GO TO FIRST GRADE I WANNA STAY IN KINDERGARTEN FOREVER'

It was horrible. Every parent. Every teacher. Every student. Not a dry eyeball anywhere.

My son starts pre-k next week. He's pretty excited about it. He did preschool last year, and he loved it, and they do it where the teacher moves with the class, so he'll have the same teacher. His best friend is homeschooling this year, though, so that's a bit of a bummer, especially because I've known her parents for about 19 years. Secretly hoping it doesn't go as well as they want. Both parents work, although mom just works two days a week, so I don't know how they'll handle it.

Fozzie, I can't believe you guys have kids starting school already! My school does that teacher moves up with the kids until third grade. It softens the blow for many of the teachers that they can still see the kids well into 8th grade though as we're a charter school that does pre-k to 8th grade.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.