Netflix reccomendations

Odine

I say Netflix.. But if could be Amazon prime, any internet based TV service. But it's hard to find quality shows these days with the sheer quantity of "high end" TV being made for the Internet distrobution.. But if you know of a gem post it here. Doesn't have to be super new or unknown, just something you really enjoy or think shows promise that other people may not have picked up on or seen for whatever reason...

Last night I watched the first two episodes of Ozark with the missus. Very plesantly surprised.. Wasn't really expecting much but I'm already invested in the characters and the story now. It's kind of got a Breaking Bad theme/bent, but instead of drug manufacturing/cooking it's around the laundering of money, financial aspect. And has the family thing as well. The bloke from Arrested Development is the lead and I totally dig his character. I hope it keeps up the quality the first two episodes have presented.

I'm actually super pleased by Amazon's UK imports-- Fleabag,

Crashing, and Catastrophe.

Right now I'm liking Friends Frim College. Atlanta, F is for Family, Bojack Horseman, Narcos, Making a Murderer, and Master of None were all favorites of mine.

Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, and Love were also ones I enjoyed, but they seem to be pretty polarizing.

I have no reccommendations, because that's not a word. :devil:

I would recommend The Almighty Johsons, a New Zealand show about the Norse gods living as Kiwis down under. It's fun and rather short - only 36 episodes across 3 seasons. It's available on Netflix right now, and I just finished a second run through of the complete series last night.

I was born and raised in Lake of the Ozarks, lived there for 26 years. My parents and family still live there, I still go to the lake at least once a month to visit. I've been waiting for this Ozark show for a long time, binged it the day it came out, loved every minute of it. Fantastic show. Love all the Easter eggs Netflix threw in there that only locals really understand. They really did their homework.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.