Just saying hello-- I joyed this community in July 1999.

cmrskywlkr

Back in July of 1999 I joined Nightly.net so that I could discuss all things related to Star Wars. Actually, I thought I joined before then because I recall talking about Star Wars related topics before the release of The Phantom Menace. If this site when through some for up update or transition before then, there's a good chance that I pre-date even 1999. But, I can't recall for sure since it was such a long time ago.

Regardless, Nightly.net was one of the first communities that I connected with on the internet. In July of 1999 I had just turned 18. Another 18 years later and I've graduated college, become a profession engineer, I still love Star Wars and I think fondly of this community.

I'm curious if any original members from way back then still frequent from time to time. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in an say "Hi!". I honestly can't believe that my old login works. I don't think I've checked into this site in at least 15 years. I'm honestly quite impressed.

Thanks for popping in. I was also a 99er, but I'll admit that I don't remember you. A lot more people back then!

Nightly launched summer of 99, so I guess depending on where you live, you could have been here before TPM was released!

Feel free to stick around. I know that we have at least a couple other '99'ers around. Back then I was Brandon.

Thanks for popping in. I was also a 99er, but I'll admit that I don't remember you. A lot more people back then!

Nightly launched summer of 99, so I guess depending on where you live, you could have been here before TPM was released!

Feel free to stick around. I know that we have at least a couple other '99'ers around. Back then I was Brandon.

Britton was Commander Skywalker's name

Well, I can't vouch for others. My names not Britton though, and I first used "CmrSkywlkr" because that's a name that was available without numbers tacked to the end when I joined AOL back in the mid-90s. I used that name for a while on other sites.

The only other members I recall were "OpenAWindu" and "InternationalHouseOfPorkins". And, yes, I remember the old episodei.com, episodeii.com and episodeiii.com domains, which is how I found this place to begin with. It really was a long time ago, and I can't recall. Did this community exist on those domains, and migrate to a new server? I could be wrong but I vaguely recall discussing "episode I" before it's release, some where, but I thought it was here.

When I started, there was a link from episodeii.com to Nightly. But it was the official message board for those sites.

And, FWIW, you have been a member since 7 July 1999

When I started, there was a link from episodeii.com to Nightly. But it was the official message board for those sites.

And, FWIW, you have been a member since 7 July 1999

That's funny, my first day under my first name on here was July 6, 1999.

Britton was Commander Skywalker's name

The guy you're thinking of was Commander_Skywalker007 or something like that. I'm about 75% this is not the same guy. I thought his name was Walt, though. Quite the ladies man if I recall.

I find this whole interchange to be a bit hilarious. My name is Richard, though I'm not sure I shared it back then. I was not Britton, or Walt or anyone else and I didn't create any other names. Well, being a kid I think I did create an account that was named "ChefOfIHOPorkins" as a joke. I might have posted under that name 10-15 times, but other than that I've had no sock puppet accounts.

After I gave it a bit more thought, I think there was someone else named "MrKissKissBangBang" that was an avid poster on here but that could have been from some where else.

These are 17-18 year old memories from the internet so as you can imagine they are a bit hazy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.