11. Thor
12. Iron Man
13. Guardians Vol 2
14. Iron Man 3
15. Iron Man 2
16. Dr Strange
17. Dark World
18. Hulk
Still haven’t had a chance to see Black Panther but will probably be pretty high up there from all accounts.
While they make fun and enjoyable movies, I still think Marvel are yet to make a really great film such as The Dark Knight. But with recent ones like Ragnarok and Guardians I think they’re getting close.

Somehow I got to the point where there's a bunch I haven't seen. Really need to get on that.

- Ant Man

- Dr. Strange

- Guardians 2

- Spider-Man Homecoming

1. Avengers (still falters on re-watchability but I always go back to how freakin' much I enjoyed this in theatres)

2.. Iron Man

3. Captain America: Civil War

4. Captain America: Winter Soldier

---

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. Thor

7. Captain America: First Avenger

---

8. Thor: Dark World (honestly remember nothing about this movie)

9. Avengers: Age of Ultron

10. Incredible Hulk (Don't remember anything about this either, frankly)

11. Iron Man 2

12. Iron Man 3 (probably not this bad, but my expectations were so high this movie sucked)

Since this list I've seen Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Infinity War. (So, still haven't seen Homecoming, Ant Man or Guardians 2)
Here's how I'd rank them now.
Tier 1 (really great, will re-watch almost any time)
1. Avengers: Infinity War (prisoner of the moment, but I really liked it)
2. Avengers (still not much can compare to seeing this for the first time)
3. Thor: Ragnarok
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Captain America: Winter Soldier (great movie, not quite as fun as the others)
Tier 2 (I enjoy these, might watch a few minutes if I see them on TV but, eh)
7. Guardians of the Galaxy 1
8 Black Panther
9. Doctor Strange
10. Thor
11. Captain America: The First Avenger
Tier 3 (I either remember nothing (Thor, Hulk, IM2) or I actively disliked these (AoE, IM3))
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Thor: Dark World
14. The Incredible Hulk
15. Iron Man 2
16. Iron Man 3

The Transformer franchise is kind of like how The Spice Girls were back in the day. Making millions upon millions yet you can't find a single person willing to admit out loud they are into it.

For me it is the Fast and the Furious franchise comes to mind.

Doctor Strange was so bad to me. I can't even imagine that one ranking. I'd put it with the rankings of maybe Marvels Netflix shows.

This was on TV last night and agree 100%. I find the character very bland and uninteresting and the whole film just seemed to be an excuse for some fancy special effects.

The Transformer franchise is kind of like how The Spice Girls were back in the day. Making millions upon millions yet you can't find a single person willing to admit out loud they are into it.

I don't have much trouble running into people who like The Fast and the Furious even around the internet. It's got a decent rep for just being dumb fun with ridiculous stunts and the Rock. Plus there was the whole Paul Walker thing a few years ago.

Really though, it's the foreign market where both franchises are making their bank. Both get like 80% of their ticket sales in other countries.

My first thought was the Kardashians. They’ve been around for what seems like forever and I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t find them repulsive.

YEAS! OMG.

I like the Fast and Furious franchise but really it's just loads of stunt cars and some kind of moral code teaching. But how many movies can they make about that? LOTS!

I always felt like Anne Rice's books were like that too. Formulas without change to make money.

Well apparently we have a lot of suits that need to put food on their family, and that means they will invest in short term bullshit to live a short term lifestyle.

I find it funny that we went from Terminator 2 being the July 4th movie in 91 to Transformers whatevs in less than 25 years.

Guest Robin

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Captain America: Civil War

Iron Man

Thor: Ragnarok

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Ant-Man

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Avengers

Captain America

Avengers 3: Infinity War

Thor

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2

Thor: Dark World

Avengers 2

Iron Man 3

Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated list.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Captain America: The First Avenger

^ Again, close to perfect Marvel movies, right next to Raimi's Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 (it says much that Raimi's two non-MCU films share that "best of" distinction, while the rest of the ever-so carefully planned MCU fail--in some way--to reach that level of quality).

3. Doctor Strange
4. Captain America: Civil War (but the Cap/Bucky scenes were so strong and consistent with the other films, it threatens to swap places with Dr. Strange)

5. Thor

​6. Black Panther (essentially a remake of Thor in so many ways, that it might as well rank right after it)
7. The Avengers
8. Ant-Man
9. Iron Man
10. Thor: The Dark World
11. Incredible Hulk (...but its terrible that every bloated budget Hulk movie's Banner pales in comparison to the TV version perfected by Bill Bixby)
12. Iron Man 3

13. Avengers: Infinity War

14. Iron Man 2
15. Guardians of the Galaxy
16. Avengers: Age of Ultron (get rid of the Marvel characters and its almost a Power Rangers movie)

​17. Thor: Ragnarok
18. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
19. Spider-Man: Homecoming

Raimi Spider-Man over Homecoming?

That’s insanity.

Then I'm bustin' out of my FOOM straight-jacket to say Raimi understood the essence of Silver Age Spider-Man like no other. I would say his love of the character's arguably greatest comic era made it impossible for him to fail in adapting the character. Its almost as perfect a film version of the character as Donner's Superman.

Okay— I can actually see that. I much more prefer the younger, Ultimate Spider-Man era, which I think Homecoming better captures. As much as I respect the earlier runs— especially the classic Romita era, I just never gelled with that Peter.

Raimi Spider-Man over Homecoming?

That’s insanity.

I'd take Raimi's first two movies over Homecoming any day as well. Raimi's movies were based around Peter living with the exuberance and curse of being Spider-Man. It featured Spider-Man's most iconic villains played well be Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina. For its time, it was a breakthrough in the genre, proving that someone outside of Batman and Superman could become a megahit and also for portraying some rather impressive superpower visuals.

Homecoming was what? Spider-Man wanting to be an Avenger and needing Iron Man to be his daddy? The movie needing the MCU to prop itself up? While Toby Maguire had a relationship with both of his villains before they went bad, Holland and the villain are connected through sheer coincidence.

I honestly don't get the love that film gets. I mean, it was fun, but it was also pretty thin. Holland didn't particularly separate himself from Maguire while the whole wannabe Avenger storyline where Spider-Man (Spider-Man for goodness sake!) really believed that he was nothing without the suit that Stark had made was incredibly disrespectful to the character.

To go off and really say something truly triggering, I rather preferred the Garfield version to Holland. That at least had a distinct take on the character. I also thought Garfield and Stone were very cute together.

Homecoming was spot on in showing how Marvel looks at the MCU. They're nothing without Iron Man.

Just like Uncle Ben needed to die for Peter to become a hero, the MCU needs Iron Man to die so it can reach the next stage of growth. Otherwise we'll just continue to get films where Tony saves the day because he's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think Garfield and Stone as actors were better than Maguire and Dunst, just the movies themselves sucked. Tom Holland as an actor is really good, too, and I would have to say I like his rendition better than Maguire, as well. However, Poe nails it on Homecoming, and I agree with all he said about it. I don't know quite where to rank Homecoming, but it definitely is in the middle, somewhere.

Garfield was channeling Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates with all of the shoulder shrugging, head movements and stuttering. That, or someone hit him in the head.

• 1 month later...

Re—re-RE-revised:

1. Captain America: Civil War

2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

3. Iron Man

4. Spider-Man: Homecoming

5. Thor: Ragnarok

6. Black Panther

7. Infinity War

8. Guardians of the Galaxy

9. Avengers

10. Ant-Man and the Wasp

11. Ant-Man

12. Captain America: First Avenger

13. Incredible Hulk

14. Doctor Strange

15. Thor

16. Iron Man 3

17. Thor: Dark World

18. Age of Ultron

19. Guardians of the Galaxy 2

20. Iron Man 2

Top tier-- the MCU best, second tier, good movies, essential viewing for completion, third tier-- average, could be skipped, bottom tier-- poop movies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.