RIP Chester Bennington

Guest El Chalupacabra

Guest El Chalupacabra

So we have another tragic end to a prolific musician. And he is from my hometown in the PHX, and for a short time, went to high school with my brother. I only met him once, and my brother wasn't best friends or anything, but they knew each other. I remember seeing Grey Daze at a local venue in 1995 or 1996-ish. Of course he went on to Linkin Park, and later STP. Of course it is well known Chester struggled with addiction. Someone I talked to today told me he had heard Chris Cornell's death really affected him, and is basically one of the things that pushed him over the edge. Very sad.

RIP Chester!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/07/20/linkin-park-lead-singer-chester-bennington-dead-at-age-41/?utm_term=.016a5a99ff79

His death was really a from-left-field kind of thing. To be affected by Cornell's death can be somewhat expected but this is a little too similar. I wonder, as people close to him reflect, if there are more such things.

(Aside: Edited it for ya.)

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thank you Ryn!

Yeah, it's not like I am in the know or anything like that (because I definite am not). And to be sure, take what I said with a grain of salt because it is unsubstantiated. But I do happen to know a few people in the PHX local music scene such as it is, that know other people, etc, etc, and that is what I heard through the person I spoke to.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I really liked Hybrid Theory when it came out, and about flipped when I found out Chester was the same guy from Grey Haze. HT is what defines them for me, anyway. I wasn't an uber fan, but LP was a band I was really in to in the early to mid 2000s, and still listen to occasionally. Like Ryn says, this bad news really was out of left field.

****ing god dammit

I've always been a huge Linkin Park fan. Their music provided much inspiration to help move me through some pretty tough times. Once in college I had an opportunity to work security backstage at a concert. They were playing Cricket Pavilion in Phoenix with Korn and Snoop Dogg. Saw him walking around plenty that night, but from where I was stationed, I didn't get to talk to him. My friend did and apparently told Chester I was a fan. Chester gave him his guitar pick to give to me. I carried it around in my pocket for a long time. Went through the wash more than once. I still have it. Here on my desk, actually. This one ****ing hurts.

http://i.imgur.com/UWzrpWG.jpg?2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.