Game of Thrones, Seasons 7 and 8

irishdancer2

Two predictions:

1-The Golden Company will turn on Cersei. Why introduce them if they aren't going to do something interesting? The numbers in the armies are just made up. They easily could have said Cersei raised another Lannister army. Here is my thinking: In the books the Golden Company is essentially descended from the Blackfyes and their leadership was stripped of all lands and titles in Westeros and fled to Essos, forming the Golden Company at the end of the Blackfyre Rebellion. I think in the show they will change it up to the Golden Company having backed the Targaryans in Roberts Rebellion and being stirpped of lands and titles and fleeing Westeros at the end of that conflict. Now with a Targaryan back in Westeros and vying for the Throne, they are returning to help put her on it.

2-Theon will convince Jon Snow to fight for the Starks. After the Great War the Starks and the North will still refuse to bow to Dany, which will put them on the verage of war. Jon will be torn between the 2 sides, for obvious reasons. Theon will remind Jon of how he chose his blood and house rather than the people who actually loved and cared about him and just how terrible that turned out for everyone involved.

My only real complaint is the little girl in the soup line saying she wants to fight to Ser Davos. Cheesy and dumb. It undermines the bravery of the Lady Mormont which they tried to highlight in a later scene when Jorah is trying to persuade her not to fight and she refuses. Brave little farm girl was a bridge of cheese too far. Other than that, solid episode!

I've seen a lot of - what I deem - misinterpretation of that scene. That girl was a proxy for Shireen. That scene served Davos, it didn't have anything to do with the girl herself.

and also gave us another opportunity to talk about how DEFINITELY AND TOTALLY SAFE THE CRYPTS ARE. SERIOUSLY TRUST US ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE FINE.

I might be the odd one out on this one, I don't think the dead in the crypts will be an issue. The bodies kept there are all likely decomposed and can't be reanimated. The last time we saw Ned he was in a box, not a coffin, so I can't see him rising either.

If they were going to be an issue, it seems like a massive thing for Jon of all people to overlook.

The theory I like most, and hope happens even though it goes against my own theory of all the dead/white walker stuff wrapping up next episode, is that the Night King isn't at Winterfell at all and has flown his dragon to King's Landing to turn the Golden Company.

I've seen a lot of - what I deem - misinterpretation of that scene. That girl was a proxy for Shireen. That scene served Davos, it didn't have anything to do with the girl herself.

and also gave us another opportunity to talk about how DEFINITELY AND TOTALLY SAFE THE CRYPTS ARE. SERIOUSLY TRUST US ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE FINE.

Also Gilly who saw many children sacrificed to the Walkers and lived in fear that her own baby would eventually be taken and sacrificed. To potentially save a child from the Walkers is a big thing for her too.

I might be the odd one out on this one, I don't think the dead in the crypts will be an issue. The bodies kept there are all likely decomposed and can't be reanimated. The last time we saw Ned he was in a box, not a coffin, so I can't see him rising either.

If they were going to be an issue, it seems like a massive thing for Jon of all people to overlook.

The skeleton wights that stabbed Jojen to death outside of Bloodraven's cave back in S4E10 say hello!

I generally agree with you, but, y'know... logic gets ignored for the sake of "cool" at various times.

Plus, they just made too much a deal about everyone being down there where it's safe. No chance! It might not be reanimated dead, but something is going down there.

I know she was proxy for Shereen, it still didn't work for me. Unnecessary and too heavy on the cheddar.

The skeleton wights that stabbed Jojen to death outside of Bloodraven's cave back in S4E10 say hello!

Actually completely forgot about that scene. . .ignore me, I'm on the bandwagon now.

Whats your DEADPOOL for episode 3? Bonus points for guessing how a character goes out

My picks:

Arya (trying to ninja the night king, after getting out of the crypt)

Tormund (saving Brienne)

Brienne (saving Jamie)

Sam

Gilly

Little Sam

Jorah (going out an absolute class A hero)

Missandae

Grey Worm

Theon

Sansa (maaaaayyyyybeee)

Davos

Tyrian (getting people out the crypt)

Danaerys (saving Jon)

Podrick

Whats your DEADPOOL for episode 3? Bonus points for guessing how a character goes out

My picks:

Arya (trying to ninja the night king, after getting out of the crypt)

Tormund (saving Brienne)

Brienne (saving Jamie)

Sam

Gilly

Little Sam

Jorah (going out an absolute class A hero)

Missandae

Grey Worm

Theon

Sansa (maaaaayyyyybeee)

Davos

Tyrian (getting people out the crypt)

Danaerys (saving Jon)

Podrick

For your choices I'd go:

Arya--will survive, may even be pregnant

Tormund--dead

Brienne--dead

Sam--will live

Gilly--will live

little Sam--will live

Jorah--dead

Missandei--will live

Grey Worm--dead

Theon--dead

Sansa--will live

Davos--dead

Tyrion--will live

Dany--will live, Jon will probably have to kill her later on

Podrick--dead

Some others

Beric--dead

Jaime--will live

Gendry--will live and possibly be legitamized and marry one of the Stark daughters to pay off the very first episode when Robert wanted to join houses Stark and Baratheon

Having said that, I do kinda expect one of the characters I've said to live to die. I don't know which one, but I've left most of the very main ones off thinking that there are more interesting ways for them to die than being killed by Zombies. I do expect one to die to provide some kind of real surprise though.

Beric - general fighting

Tormund - saving Jon and/or Ser Brienne

Edd - general fighting

Theon - saving Sansa

Jorah - trying to save Lyanna Mormont

Lyanna Mormont - after taking out whoever/whatever killed Jorah

I'll be honest though, the only person I'm 100% sure is going to die, absolutely positively, is Theon. Everyone else I can make a case for either TBH. So I'm trying to prepare for all of them to go. But it's going to hit me hardest if Grey Worm, Missandei, Gilly, Little Sam, Sam, Arya, or Tyrion die.

The theory I like most, and hope happens even though it goes against my own theory of all the dead/white walker stuff wrapping up next episode, is that the Night King isn't at Winterfell at all and has flown his dragon to King's Landing to turn the Golden Company.

Whooooaaa, this makes a lot of sense. It would explain why they didn't give us any glimpse of ice dragon in next week's teaser.

I spent the entire episode on the edge of my seat just waiting for the worst...and just holy hell. That was a lot of build-up for pretty much nothing. All the people I thought were going to die did; all of the people I don't want to die didn't. I'm glad they didn't do the Jon the hero thing, but it was pretty obvious it would be Arya right about the 2nd time Jon couldn't get past Viserion.

Also, I was prepared for that episode to end right after the Night King raised all the dead around Jon. I really thought for a moment they were going to leave us hanging until next week.

Called them killing off the NK but really when the big battle episode is the third of the season, that was rather obvious.

I thought it was a great episode but out of curiosity, could anyone see what was happening for half the episode? I dont know if the stream I had was terrible quality or it really was that dark throughout.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.