Game of Thrones, Seasons 7 and 8

irishdancer2

Bran as the Night King is an objectively terrible theory, based on pretty much nothing. It's also based on just enough that I'm not convinced the show won't go there for the sake of a #twist.

The Night King is likely a greenseer of some kind. He was able to touch Bran in Hold the Door, and has been able to sense him on at least one other occasion (earlier this season when the ravens were flying).

So I guess we're supposed to accept that the Night King knew there were dragons back in the world - which is fine. Dragons, the red comet and White Walkers are all "magical" in nature so it makes sense on some level that the Night King would know or suspect dragons had made a return to the world.

But as Dark Wader said, it raises more questions than anything.

It raises quetions but that's not a bad thing. We don't know the walkers intent. Thus far they've just been a super natural evil threat. That could change. They could have aims other than simply destroying the worlds of men. Maybe they never intended to come south of the wall until dany rode north with the dragon? Maybe the wall was put there as a treaty between men and walkers to keep men out of the far north. Then recently as more and more wildlings were north it forced the walkers into action. Maybe their intent was just to clear

the far north of men. Until even more men came north with dragon glass and valyrian steel and dragons? Maybe that's what convinced the walkers to take the fight south of the wall?

Most likely not. It's most likely that it's just a convienence that the dragon happened to die there. Even so that doesn't mean the walkers couldn't have gotten through the wall somehow. Just the dragon made it easier.

Are the betrayals in the show? I can't remember.

It raises quetions but that's not a bad thing. We don't know the walkers intent. Thus far they've just been a super natural evil threat. That could change. They could have aims other than simply destroying the worlds of men. Maybe they never intended to come south of the wall until dany rode north with the dragon? Maybe the wall was put there as a treaty between men and walkers to keep men out of the far north. Then recently as more and more wildlings were north it forced the walkers into action. Maybe their intent was just to clear
the far north of men. Until even more men came north with dragon glass and valyrian steel and dragons? Maybe that's what convinced the walkers to take the fight south of the wall?

Most likely not. It's most likely that it's just a convienence that the dragon happened to die there. Even so that doesn't mean the walkers couldn't have gotten through the wall somehow. Just the dragon made it easier.

Sure, I'm just less willing to jump through hoops to determine character motivations when we should be show or told them or provided clues to determine them. That's why I had such a problem with Winterfell. It made sense that Sansa/Arya would plot to take down LF - but there was nothing there lead up to it.

Admittedly it's a very different case with the White Walkers because they're mysterious and we really don't know their motivation (though I suspect their motivation is 'just' to bring in another Long Night, as they did the first time). If it really was a trap we should have seen some indication of that. I don't think we can assume there was a plan of any kind sans dragon - as far as I know the Wall prevented the dead from passing.

I think people are being too hard on D & D. They didn't sign up to FINISH one of the most epic and certainly most complicated stories ever. They signed up to ADAPT it. It's not their fault GRRM can't write faster. When they first embarked on this journey of developing the series almost a decade ago, nobody believed there still wouldn't be at least one more book out by this point. And had there been, the endgame would have been much more clear and solid.

Given those circumstances, I think they've done a pretty good job.

I think also in earlier seasons it was easier to have slower episodes due to characters brings spread all over. Think of season 3. You could have 2-3 seasons on kings landing, a couple at the wall, flash to dany to essos, a couple with Robb and catelyn, flip to arya on the riverlands, stannis back on dragonstone. They could have every characters story advance very little each week and the episode still feel full. Also it helped as far as timeline goes. If a character was doing something that was supposed to take time you could just not show them for a week. Then bam the next week it feels like time has passed. With everyone together now it's much harder to do this. They used to have the luxury of going slow but the show still feeling like a lot happened.

Bran=night king is a terrible theory.

1). Plausibity. I mean...It's barely plausible. Bran needs to get "stuck" somehow while green seeing, and be warged into the the wrong person at the wrong time and get turned into the night king. Like...why would he do that in the first place? To...stop it? Wouldn't you warg the person HOLDING the dragon glass dagger instead of the tied up guy....aww screw it I thought about this too much already. The point is, he has no reason to do any of this in the first place, and if he did he'd probably end up Hodoring the poor guy. Maybe. I don't care.

2). Pointless. Why this complicated turn of events? Why can't the night king just have green seeing powers? It doesn't impact the story any differently. So, he's a green seeer like Bran. He doesn't have to actually be Bran. Nothing changes. It adds confusion to boh Bran and the night kings character. It's not even a "cool" little plot twist. It adds a self destruct mechanism type of plot device where you kill present day Bran and the night king dies...which means they all die. You know, like what skynet tried to do to John Connor. Seems like a real cheat to me. The night king would have screwed up royally if he had actually succeeded in killing Bran in that cave.

Does anyone think Tyrion is planning on betraying Dany an Jon? After watching the finale a second time, certain scenes with Tyrion seem...out of place to me.

After my second viewing I was less mesmerized by Jon's cute ass and noticed a very worried Tyrion as he watched Jon enter Dany's chambers on the boat. That look, combined with the facts that he seems less than thrilled with Dany's recent displays of brutality, and that he seems to have lost influence with her could be red flags.

Tyrion also works out the fact Cersei is pregnant. Juxtapose that with his concerns this season about Dany's lack of royal succession...is Tyrion thinking there isn't much of a future on team Dany after all? Tyrion hates Cersei... but he loved his family, and that baby and it's (probable) father IS family. Did he work out a deal with his meeting with Cersei (that we didn't see) which betrays Dany and Jon? We do know that Cersei has no intention of honoring their deal, we saw that on screen; but what we don't know is if Tyrion is privy to or is in any way involved. His meeting with Cersei WAS immediately before Cersei's change of heart moment, and he DID have a worried look on his face later in the episode on that boat. I think there is more betrayal going on than what we've been shown in this finale.

Maybe like..."this isn't going to end well for them".

This.

That was the meaning of that expression Tyrion wore. Love doesn't do well in Westeros. It just fucks things up for people. People get sentimental, act with their hearts and not their heads and wind up dead because their mind hasn't been on the game. Jon and Dany aren't gonna stay som happy couple once they find out his identity either. That is going to drive a rift between them and I reckon Tyrion knows...not the bit about Jons identity but rather that some rift will come between these two as a result of their romance and it's going to make life difficult for everyone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.