8 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

I had a summons come for May.  If I wasn’t so busy, I actually would have liked to get called in.  Fortunately, though, I ended up not being selected and was just told not to report.

I wouldn’t mind at all if I knew I was going to hear a case, but last time I just sat in a big room for a week waiting to potentially be called. We don’t do that whole “We know you’re not getting called so you’re free” thing

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just filled out my online questionnaire, stupid jinx thread. Federal court over 80 miles from home.

That too.

Hey! Southern Ohio couldn't disqualify you for that either. Otherwise you could never get s jury of your peers.

That’s really annoying.  I would hate that, too.

When I moved to Texas, I kept getting summons for jury duty for various courts in Florida.  The first time was understandable, but I got pissed that I had to keep telling them that I moved after that.  My change of residency should have gotten updated in their system.

8 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I got summoned after I moved out of Florida, too. That's funny. Is that their primary jury pool, former residents?

Gotta find the people smart enough to be on a jury.

For this one, this is for a specific trial and I’ll definitely go through jury selection, and I’ll either serve on that jury or go home.