Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spiderman: Homecoming

50 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,653 posts

I am actually going to see this instead of waiting until the DVD comes out like the others. 

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
I am also going to see the new Spider-Man film instead of waiting for home video.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,653 posts

As a person who had 12 long boxes full of comics I can never get tired of super hero movies. NEVER. It's like a comic book comes to life! 

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,722 posts
I'm tired of all these spider movies. What about the other bugs? Sure they tossed us a bone with Ant Man, but what about the Blue Beetle?
  • Good God a Bear +1 this

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
Ambush Bug could be D.C.'s answer to Deadpool, if not for violence then mature humor.
  • Ryn +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,653 posts
Spoon!

Uh, the Tick?

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

I'm tired of all these spider movies. What about the other bugs? Sure they tossed us a bone with Ant Man, but what about the Blue Beetle?

Spiders are arachnids, not bugs.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

I am shocked at the restraint that THT is showing about the spelling of the movie's title.

• Robin +1 this

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,722 posts

I used bug in the generic sense. That's why I didn't say insect. It is an arthropod.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,653 posts

I am shocked at the restraint that THT is showing about the spelling of the movie's title.

Autocorrect was frustrating me. HA!

• Robin +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

I used bug in the generic sense. That's why I didn't say insect. It is an arthropod.

Even in the case of insects, technically not all of them are hemitera, AKA bugs! But I kid.  :p

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,255 posts

NumberSix is the one who gets angry about Spiderman.
  • Jacen123 and Robin +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

NumberSix is the one who gets angry about Spiderman.

I could have sworn that THT popped up with his Spider-Man alias to bring it up, too.

• Robin +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,255 posts
Maybe. Who can tell how many aliases he's had?
  • Jacen123 and Robin +1 this

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
I was, hmm, I guess "passive assertive" about it this time. I bolded the hyphen in my first post. XD
  • Jacen123 +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

I definitely didn't catch that.  Good work!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,546 posts

Ambush Bug could be D.C.'s answer to Deadpool, if not for violence then mature humor.

Pair him up with 'Mazing Man in a theatrical release and watch so many heads explode.

Spoiler

• Robin +1 this

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts
$125m+ opening. Rave reviews by critics and fans. I've been keeping my feelings in check with this movie, not getting my hopes up, but other than the new Apes movie next week, this is now my must watch movie of the year for me. And the difference? Marvel touching this film. I'm making plans to watch this movie with my son on Monday.
  • Robin +1 this

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
My family and I throughly enjoyed this film. It's not perfect, there are a few dialogue strings which don't feel natural at all, but overall no real complaints.

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,308 posts

This is by far my favorite Spiderman film.  One of the things that's always impressed me with Marvel's films is how successful they have been at casting and "capturing" marvel's characters.  When I see Tony Stark, Thor, etc, on the big screen, I feel like I'm actually seeing those characters.  Not actors playing those characters.  I feel like I'm seeing characters who have come straight out of the comics to the big screen.  The actors have, by and large, done a pretty good job of owning their roles in my opinion.  The problem I've had with the two previous movie incarnations of Spider-Man is that I always had trouble buying the character I was seeing as the Peter Parker I knew from the comics (kinda the same problem I have with DC's movies).  This film didn't feel forced in that way.  I am sold on Tom Holland (is that his name?) as Peter Parker.  I guess this movie being set in the extended marvel universe also went a long way toward making me feel like I was finally seeing the "real" Spider-Man.  Now, if Fox would only let Marvel do a FF film... 

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts

Iron Man 4: Tony Teaches a Lesson - Featuring Spider-Man

• Justus, Ryn and Good God a Bear +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,054 posts

Saw it yesterday. Putting my thoughts behind a spoiler warning both for tautological reasons (there are spoilers in what I say!) and because, come on, you get what my deal is by now, one hopes.

Spoiler

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Ive never been a big Spider-Man fan past the age of 8 years old. I thought the Raimi movies were stupid. But I loved this one. My only complaint was the handy movie coincidence of Vulture being Liz's dad. A city the size of NYC and your nemesis ends up being the father of the girl you like?

Pfft!

And I loved MJ and screen-guy. Great supporting cast.

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,265 posts

My favorite Spider-man movie by a long, long shot.

The Raimi movies were pretty good, but they were way too tied to the overt cheeziness of the 60's and 70's version of the character.  (We won't even talk about the Amazing movies.)  This one was pitch-perfect in adapting Spidey in how he's been portrayed for about fifteen or so years now.  Tom Holland absolutely nailed the part as well.

Link

Link

The Terrible Secret of Space

• Admin
  • 6,448 posts

Great movie, don't get me wrong, but I would have preferred a lot more of Peter making his own way and a lot less of OMG am I an Avenger yet?

• Ryn +1 this

Reply to this topic