CNN fires Kathy Griffin for beheaded Trump "joke"

Justus

It couldn't happen to a more deserving creature....

Kathy Griffin's Trump Photo Fallout Continues: How Both Sides Are Reacting

CNN fires Kathy Griffin after photo of President Trump's fake bloody head

CNN announced today it has terminated its agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on the network's New Year's Eve program, after the comedian posted a photo of herself holding what appears to be a bloody, severed fake head of President Donald Trump.

Griffin has co-hosted CNN's "New Years Eve Live" with CNN anchor Anderson Cooper from New York's Times Square for the past 10 consecutive years.

Just the latest self-exposing behavior from the loving and tolerant American Left's cherished members. Unfortunately, the feeling behind Griffin's disgusting stunt is far from rare amongst her ilk.

Griffin is somehow famous for not being talented or famous. This was her attempt at generating controversy and getting free press.

She should've just stuck with a sex tape like the other talentless hacks.

I've never liked Kathy Griffin, but I was still aghast when I heard about what she did. I am glad she is facing some consequences for this. However, just like I am totally against painting wide swaths of Republican voters (or really any group) with single strokes, trying to claim that Griffin is representative of the left is absurd. I haven't seen support for what she did from any of my even far more liberal friends or in the comments on the left-leaning news articles that they have posted online. The statistician in me hates utilizing anecdotal evidence and I would not do so to try to make a claim that this is what all liberals are like, but I have no problem using it as a counter example against claims that this type of behavior is cherished by the left.

I've never liked Kathy Griffin, but I was still aghast when I heard about what she did. I am glad she is facing some consequences for this. However, just like I am totally against painting wide swaths of Republican voters (or really any group) with single strokes, trying to claim that Griffin is representative of the left is absurd. I haven't seen support for what she did from any of my even far more liberal friends or in the comments on the left-leaning news articles that they have posted online. The statistician in me hates utilizing anecdotal evidence and I would not do so to try to make a claim that this is what all liberals are like, but I have no problem using it as a counter example against claims that this type of behavior is cherished by the left.

I feel the same way, I hate when people generalize one side because of what someone did that's stupid or crazy. You have those types on both sides! I mean, what about the "patriot" who murdered two guys defending those girls in Oregon? I think it's safe to say he isn't a liberal! Left, right, it doesn't matter, they both got 'em!

That said, this was a really dumb thing to do. A severed head, really? How is this supposed to be funny at all?

I got a question better than "how is it funny?"

How about, "why is this news?"

With everything real that's happening why does this need a spotlight?

One word.......covfefe.

It was had to tell who was taking it as a joke and who was using it as after way to take a shot at Trump.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving creature....

Kathy Griffin's Trump Photo Fallout Continues: How Both Sides Are Reacting

CNN fires Kathy Griffin after photo of President Trump's fake bloody head

CNN announced today it has terminated its agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on the network's New Year's Eve program, after the comedian posted a photo of herself holding what appears to be a bloody, severed fake head of President Donald Trump.

Griffin has co-hosted CNN's "New Years Eve Live" with CNN anchor Anderson Cooper from New York's Times Square for the past 10 consecutive years.

Just the latest self-exposing behavior from the loving and tolerant American Left's cherished members. Unfortunately, the feeling behind Griffin's disgusting stunt is far from rare amongst her ilk.

I think we have a closeted Kathy Griffin fan here.

Senior Staff has been excused from ethics code conduct and we've pulled out of the Paris environmental agreement-- but yeah, let's talk about twitter typos and third rate comedians.

Holding a mock-up severed. bloody head of a sitting president is news for rather obvious reasons. The 24-hour news cycle is not skipping over anything else in covering the Griffin controversy.

I mean it's tasteless.. but is that really surprising? We live in ****ing tasteless age.

Just playing devils advocate here.. Didn't people set an effigy of Barack Obama on fire when he was POTUS? Wasn't that televised? I haven't seen the Kathy Griffiths bit.. But it doesn't shock me and it doesn't outrage me. I see more disgusting examples of human behaviour every day on Instagram, a comedian making a poorly thought out joke doesn't rank high enough. And Driver is right... Trump pulling the U.S. Out of the environmental agreement is more deserving of news time and discourse no?

You've got a frustrated z list actress desperate for attention, trying to tap into feminist frustration, and completely oblivious to what her actions are doing for her cause. She thinks she's the victim of bullying, yet she's the one who mocked the faux death of a standing president. Oh, the irony.

What a sad, lonely person she must be. Someone that never learned that actions have consequence.

It's funny for me to see someone's reaction when they finally realize that victim cards actually have an expiration date.

I think Hillary's complaining has a purpose, actually. The ultimate goal is to further the perception of victimhood and rally people to her cause.

I doubt it will will work, though, because most people can tell the difference between a victim and a whiner.

Kathy Griffin is finding that out the hard way.

I feel like Justus wants to fight somebody, so I'll do my best!

Without defending Kathy Griffin, cause I never thought she was funny before, during, or after this crap, I will say that if we're suddenly going to be offended by things that are tasteless that come out of a mouth of a comedian, shouldn't we be equally offended by the tasteless things our President does? Like what he has about said women? Or how he's made fun of the handicapped?

Just saying if we're holding a z-level comedian to a higher standard than the office of the Presidency, I cry foul.

Your argument makes it seem like Trump doesn't come under fire for anything he says.

The Kathy Griffin thing has blown up for things that go beyond the picture itself.

1. What was the joke? According to her it was in response to what Trump said about Megyn Kelly and blood coming out of her wherever. If that's the case then why the use of a severed head? You could have used a mannequin. If that's so then the it isn't a joke. It's s statement. Then again we all agree she's not a good comic.

2. The apology. She should have just issued a statement. People would have questioned her sincerity regardless, but when your apology has numerous eye rolls you lose what little credibility you had to begin with.

3. The press conference. She should have just shut up and went into hiding. The story would have died. Kathy Griffin wasn't worth the airtime, but she had to let us know she was still here. When most people heard that she hired Gloria Alred's daughter to rep her people knew it couldn't be good. That was an understatement. It was so much worse. She tried to play the victim. She tried to play the gender card. She tried to act like her 1st amendment rights were being trampled on.

No one's trying to hold her to a higher standard. Everyone's just calling her out on her bullshit.

The current PC climate makes it really hard for comedians in general. Jerry Seinfeld has been vocal about not being able to do his act because people get so offended at the smallest of things. Even Dave Chapelle got heat for what he said about lesbians on his Netflix special.

I think Kathy Griffin's problem is that she's simply not funny. Even worse, she knows it. She's such a hack that she thought she could just take the Trump hate to a new level in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. If it had been remotely funny it wouldn't have been a big deal. Her pathetic press conference was ultimately an admission of her failure as a comedian.

I also find the Amy Schumer thing interesting. I haven't seen her Netflix show, but I've heard it was horrible. She claims online trolls are to blame for the poor reception, but it sounds to me that she laid an egg and refuses to accept it. Again with the victim hood.

The bottom line is that if you're gonna put yourself out there as a comedian you need to be funny. Chapelle can take the heat because he is funny. Griffin can't take the heat because she sucks.

As for Trump, many don't care about his comments about women because they're just comments. He may a buffoon, but he got elected because of Hillary hate, and people are right to hate her. I fully expect the Dems to learn from this whole thing and produce a viable candidate when Hillary stops whining about the loss.

The Dave Chappelle thing was totally ridiculous. One of the offended said that she's watched his stuff and loved it before. She just thought he took it too far this time. So what the white lesbian was saying was she had no problem with the infinite amount of times Chappelle used the N word, but he crossed the line when he went after the LGBT community. Hypocrisy?

Dave Chappelle himself said that Donald Trump is bad for comedy.

Well he's right about Trump. I often wonder what any of these "comedians" would do if they didn't have Trump to goof on.

The irony being is that the source of their contempt is also the source of their income.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.