Wonder Woman!

Ms. Spam

Woman only screening of Wonder Woman at Alamo Drafthouse and the HAHA's that follow:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/28/530490073/some-men-are-not-happy-about-a-women-only-screening-of-wonder-woman?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170528

Totally read the comments by the business who SOLD the tickets to women only.

Got my ticket for next week at this very place.

Why's the world have to ruin my good feelings by making this a thing?

I ask that whenever they release a DC movie, too.

*rimshot*

Going tomorrow!

An Austin movie theater drew controversy over its planned women-only screening of "Wonder Woman," and one man was angry enough to email that city's mayor, Steve Adler. The letter writer got quite a response: "I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you'd be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/01/531108962/austin-mayor-responds-to-man-angry-about-wonder-woman-screening?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170601

Going tomorrow as well. If there is a character I think the DC Animated universe has screwed up its Wonder Woman. They've made her so annoying, it's like they've been doubling down on the way they've portrayed Lois Lane. Truly though I just want to be able to walk out of the theater not feeling Superhero fatigue. I haven't done that since Ant Man.

This is a miracle of a movie.

Given the uphill challenge this faced in the disaster that is DC's cinematic universe, it's a damned miracle that this movie is so ridiculously good. Gal Gadot is charismatic as hell, the script is near perfect, and it doesn't try to cram in too much other DC universe nonsense. That No Man's Land sequence is the best action sequence with the best emotional payoff I've seen in years.

That's thing this movie really gets: Aside perhaps from the fairly formulaic boss fight, the action setpieces mean something. You're invested in the character and her arc, and there's an emotional through-line to her kicking ass. It was also refreshingly bright, fun, and funny, something that's essentially been unheard of in DC films so far. Even amidst the WW1 horror it doesn't shy away from, it still comes across as the right kind of upbeat and uplifting.

I'd argue that it's a much better version of the first Captain America movie, and frankly this is better than around half of Marvel's catalog.

I have to say this movie was easily a top 3 in superhero movies. Period. It was fantastic. As lame as this may sound, it was fate that it took this long for Wonder Woman to come to the big screen. Gal Gadot was the perfect fit for the role and Patty Jenkins...well, if she could direct the rest of the DC movies that would be great.

If someone could explain one thing for me though...

Since I don't read comics, is it ever explained why Diana aged on the island but once she left the island she no longer ages? That was the one plot hole for me.

I have to say this movie was easily a top 3 in superhero movies. Period. It was fantastic. As lame as this may sound, it was fate that it took this long for Wonder Woman to come to the big screen. Gal Gadot was the perfect fit for the role and Patty Jenkins...well, if she could direct the rest of the DC movies that would be great.

If someone could explain one thing for me though...

Since I don't read comics, is it ever explained why Diana aged on the island but once she left the island she no longer ages? That was the one plot hole for me.

Because Speed Force! :D

But really, I guess for the same reason why immortal characters like Thor and Hercules don't age beyond a certain point. They just reach that magic age!

Oh, and this movie was great! I agree about the No Man's Land scene, that was so good all the way through! My only complaint is the over use of slo-mo scenes during the action. It was starting to get annoying for me when they would keep doing it.

Loved it. A really great character built piece.

Also a bunch of us waited through to the end of the credits and someone at the front said "this is bullshit. Even Suicide Squad got something extra". HA! I just had to go slowly down the stairs as my leg fell asleep.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I haven't seen WW yet, but glad to see that it actually is as good as the previews made it out to be.

I would like to say my theater was glorious for watching this movie. It had reclining seats with foot rests and wide arm rests to set things on. I also sorta liked assigned seating too. This is my first movie since I had to get glasses and I was worried I'd be in the front row because I got to the theater too late but I got a seat in the back and it was fantastic.

I kinda want to scroll through Batman VS Superman to rewatch the parts with Wonder Woman now. Gal Gadot was pretty damn good casting.

I googled when the end credits started to see if there was anything to wait for.

LOL, I did, too. No sense waiting around for nothing! I guess most of the people at my showing didn't as barely anyone else got up to leave during the credits.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.