Pirates of the Caribbean?

Ms. Spam

I agree wholeheartedly with Driver. They aren't bad, just meh. But I'm glad for the fans if this is another one they can like

Watched it this afternoon with the kiddo. I was pleasantly surprised. It ranks above Worlds End and Stranger Tides for me, which were my two least favorite of the Pirates movies. To come up with another story line for a 5th movie, I figured it'd be pretty weak. But even though they stretched the story thin in a few places, I thought it was enjoyable and actually had me looking forward to a 6th Pirates, believe it or not. Great new villian. Javier Bardem was awesome. I really enjoyed the Barbossa story Arch in this one. Honestly, as these Pirates movies have gone on, I actually tend to enjoy Barbossa more than I do Jack.

• 3 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised as well. In the beginning I felt it was spinning its wheels in places but I agree I enjoyed it much more than At World's End or Stranger Tides. I'm actually hoping they end the pirate franchise with this movie though. The ending was fitting and I think anything else would just be overkill. Of course, Disney is all about milking until its dry so I'm sure there will be another.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.