Trump fires Comey

RUAJedi2

the media sucks, we knew that.

the ****? How does THIS=all media suck?

I haven't heard a peep that Comey was closing in on anything.

You're in a position to be notified of what the intelligence community is "closing in" on? DO TELL

no one's produced anything other than vague allegations that I've seen so far.

Certainly nothing on the level of Benghazi

well, certainly not.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seriously-how old are you?

I believe my post made it clear the double standards and exaggerations that are going on.

You're in a position to be notified of what the intelligence community is "closing in" on? DO TELL

I'm not the one with the burden of proof here. The people jumping up and down screaming "Cover up!" are the ones that need to come up with evidence to back up their accusations. Especially when they're supposed to be professional newsmen, not to mention United States Senators.

I don't need a special line of communication from law enforcement to say we currently have nothing to base this on.

Old enough to know that Benghazi was proven and swept under the rug by a complicit media while this is totally unproven and unlikely, but being brought up at every opportunity.

I keep wondering how long it will take the US to recover from the damaged caused by this administration. Or if Trump's administration is the coup de gras to America's roll in international circles. We'll soon be like the British as things wane. I'm loving the quote "We were tricked." about the Russian photographer who posted pics of the Russian meeting with Trump and Lavrov. I mean right after the meeting there was a press conference in front of the Russian Embassy that was far better than damage control by the White House by a hedge.

At this point I don't think there was collusion. I think all the people involved in Trump's' campaign are/were idiot savants that let themselves be manipulated/bought and we have our new Reagan but kind of a weird gollum like one because we clearly got the Alzheimer Reagan without Nancy's hand to help.

Comey's firing is just exposing how inept this administration is at anything.

Trump wants to be himself​ and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that he doesn't really let his staff know first. That causes problems because they're forced to scramble to figure out how to defend what he does. This Comey thing has gotten out of hand not because the firing was egregious, but because it was another way for Trump opponents to attack. Of course he didn't help matters this morning by basically threatening Comey in a tweet. I have no idea what the fuck he was thinking when he sent that tweet.

But I think that is the rub. You can't control Trump. It is all id based and then the rest of the administration have to pick up the pieces after a Trump night of watching some cable news alone in his bathrobe with his cell phone.

Also totally loving "priming the pump" and his spats with Rosie O'Donnell, Colbert and Arnold!

Personally the only big changes for me is some more costly health insurance and some absences from school from some of my immigrant kids since Trump came to office.

I believe my post made it clear the double standards and exaggerations that are going on.

I'm not the one with the burden of proof here. The people jumping up and down screaming "Cover up!" are the ones that need to come up with evidence to back up their accusations. Especially when they're supposed to be professional newsmen, not to mention United States Senators.

I don't need a special line of communication from law enforcement to say we currently have nothing to base this on.

Old enough to know that Benghazi was proven and swept under the rug by a complicit media while this is totally unproven and unlikely, but being brought up at every opportunity.

well, no, your post didn't make anything clear to me. Here's what you said:

"I think Trump was probably surprised at the backlash. He was like, "I thought everyone hated this guy?" "

Clear-yes, but here, you're just supposing to know what Trump thinks. That's fine-just doesn't point out why the media suck, so irrelevant to my charge

"But the news media likes its Russia story even though there's really no evidence to be found and I haven't heard a peep that Comey was closing in on anything. So I rather think this is a mainstream conspiracy theory more than anything. Certainly not in the same ballpark as Nixon firing Cox as has been lobbed around."

How is this not precisely like Nixon firing Cox? It's not just the news media that "like their Russia story", it's many citizens I'm not even going to get into how much evidence there is now-that's not my point, even though how you don't see ANY boggles my mind. You think it's a 'mainstream conspiracy theory' (what IS a 'mainstream' conspiracy theory and how does it differ from a conspiracy theory? I'm not familiar with this term) Again-fine-just your thought-but how does this point out clearly why the media suck?

"I could be wrong on that count, but I really don't think there's anything to that story. And I'm rather annoyed that the media's following up on it slavishly without anything new to report when they actively buried all the Obama scandals that were provable as quickly as they could, even praising Clinton when she was nailed in front of the House on her blatant lies."

ALL the Obama scandals? Can you detail those? I must have missed them all over the years. The media report news. Obama isn't president any more, neither are the Clintons so you shouldn't be surprised to NOT see them in news these days. And what do you consider 'praising Clinton when she was nailed in front of the House on her blatant lies.' please?

I'm not saying you're not entitled to have feelings, thoughts or theories-anybody can. But none of this makes clear the 'double standards and exaggerations that are going on' as you claim.

You had said ' I haven't heard a peep that Comey was closing in on anything'. And I'm asking - why WOULD you? Are you privvy to everything the FBI is investigating? How would you KNOW about what evidence there may be if you're not inside the investigation? You seriously don't think any of the meetings that Trump has had or his cabinet members have had need to at least be looked into? You don't believe any intelligence agency report that Russia has a campaign organized in which they're hacking and trying to have an effect on elections in many major countries? Trump has tried to build "beautiful" buildings in Russia, has had many business ties to many millionaires in Russia including Aras Agalarov and Dmitry Rybolovlev. His sons have publicly detailed that they see a "lot of money pouring in from Russia." Trump Vodka dealt in Russia, he partnered with the Bayrock group to build homes in Florida. Paul Manafort and his company have ties to the former president of Ukraine, there are the questionable ties Flynn had to the country, the time Trump-ON LIVE TELEVISION-invited Russian hackers to try and hack the US election process (please tell me how this isn't treasonous?) and his bromance with Vladimir. You're not concerned about a President of this country having these ties and not disclosing his tax returns so we can make sure they're not still tied? Really?

'Old enough to know that Benghazi was proven and swept under the rug by a complicit media while this is totally unproven and unlikely, but being brought up at every opportunity."

Well, that's the most ridiculous shoe-horning of Benghazi I've ever seen. What about bengahzi was "proven and swept under the rug" and HOW ON EARTH could the media be complicit?? WHY would they? What would media have to gain? Wouldn't a huge scandal be much more beneficial for any media outlet? That would have given them something to write about for months and whomever broke that story would get a big feather in their cap.

You make no sense whatsoever.

And really-how old are you?

But I think that is the rub. You can't control Trump. It is all id based and then the rest of the administration have to pick up the pieces after a Trump night of watching some cable news alone in his bathrobe with his cell phone.

Also totally loving "priming the pump" and his spats with Rosie O'Donnell, Colbert and Arnold!

Personally the only big changes for me is some more costly health insurance and some absences from school from some of my immigrant kids since Trump came to office.

Priming the pump. GOOD ****ing LORD he thinks he INVENTED the phrase! This is better than Gore inventing the internet.

Laugh if you want, but the Trump dude gave out sensitive information to the Russians during his meeting. Does he understand his job?

In his head, his job is to extend his personal brand. Hence, he's willing to let the Russians in on some tasty morsels to show how big he is.

Really, the biggest problem with Trump is how utterly believable the story is.

That it is believable is what the Washington Post is counting on don't you think? I didn't hear the story until I got home from work last night. I just read the story online and refused to turn to any news channels. I already had a headache. I believe McMaster when he says it didn't happen. When I see the people he was in the room with I have hard time believing no one would have shut him down if he was being loose liped. Validity of the story not withstanding, who the hell is leaking this stuff?

I believe McMaster when he says it didn't happen. When I see the people he was in the room with I have hard time believing no one would have shut him down if he was being loose liped [sic].

Seriously? He's a megalomaniacal man-child who lives only to have his ego stroked and both literally and figuratively to lord it over people. He's the personification of an eighth grade bully who rewards his sycophants, but who is the first to whine about how put upon he is if someone dares call him on his bullshit. If someone in the room had had the temerity to stand up to him in the presence of his Russian enablers, he would have lost his shit and had that person bounced quicker than you can say "Putin's sex dwarf says what?"

ITMFA.

Yeah, Trump's not even refuting it. He's defending it as saying it's his right as president. It would be better if he'd actually grasp the fact that he's president and how a democracy like ours works. We're unique in the world for our weirdo government.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.