OT spoilers fans would hate

The Choc

Well, he is just a cape-wearing bureaucrat at that point.

I know for my nine-year-old self seeing RotJ, Lando being with the Rebellion was a bit of a surprise. I think I'd forgotten that he'd helped them at the end of ESB. I mostly just remembered Chewie throttling him.

Bad news for Boba Fett fans. After all the hype he's gonna die in the first half hour by accident. Then the sand thing that eats him is going to burp.

I swear I'm not making this shit up.

Spoiler people would love: Luke wears black. OMG he's going to be a gray Jedi who uses the light and the dark!

Lando does an incredible job of disguising himself as a guard, infiltrating Jabba's palace and getting free reign of the place. Then does absolutely nothing with it to the point where he's the one who had to be rescued.

...by a blind Han Solo who should have NO reason to like or trust Lando. As far as Han's concerned, one moment Lando sold his ass out and froze him like Walt Disney, then when he wakes up they are immediately BFFs again. I don't care how much time actually passed between the movies, because since Han was frozen, he and Lando were enemies what must've felt like only minutes ago to Han.

I never had a problem with that. What struck me the most, being a comic book nerd, was that the actor was actually named Sebastion Shaw.

So yeah, spoiler alert, Sebastion Shaw is Darth Vader and the Footlose guy will eventually be Sebastion Shaw in an X Men movie that takes place before any of us were born and will not be Darth Vader, six degrees be damned.

My own personal take on it is that they went with the same reason why they had Palpatine look so ravaged - Vader under the mask looked like a little old man not only for the sympathy value for when his mask is taken off, but also to show just how damaging extended use of the dark side can be. Under the mask, he's grey, with deep circles round his eyes, with massive old scars, but also very old looking. It's a comment on what the dark side does to you just as much as the way Palpatine looks (and also the way Sate Pestage and the other advisors with the Emperor in ROTJ look as well, they're all old looking and with sunken eyes and gaunt features).

I figured he was pale white with sunken eyes with deep circles because of the mask itself. His face hadn't seen sunlight since the scene in ROTS when he and Padme concurrently watch the sun set on Coruscant. Once he turned to the dark side he never saw the sun with his own eyes again. Padme saw daylight one more day and then she died.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, back then Vader was just a suitably powerful villain. Lucas hadn't written Anakin to be space Jesus yet, so at that time you bought the fact the emperor was more powerful in the force. Now...well it literally feels like the stories were written backwards with continuity be damned. The way PT Anakin was written was way more powerful than OT Vader was.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.