OT spoilers fans would hate

The Choc

I was thinking sometimes when we read/hear small spoilers from the movies that people jump all over. I started to think about scenes from the OT that if fans read about in advance they would bash. Here is the first one I thought of, imagine reading this about the movie:

There is a scene where Chewbacca encounters some pig men and they play keep away from him with 3POs head.

I remember seeing ROTJ with my aunt and her friends in the theater. As we were driving away, passing the line for the next showing, one of them leaned out the window and yelled YODA DIES. They were NOT happy to hear that!

Finding out that Luke and Leia were siblings prior to ROTJ would've been weird. It was one thing to see it in the theater, but had people been spoiled on this it would've probably created a lot of backlash.

it's mostly Luke talking to a puppet

A puppet voiced by a long-time Muppet performer. So Luke is taught to be a Jedi from Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear?

Also, there's a rumour that a movie called Blue Harvest has teddy bears fighting white armoured soldiers. Hoping it's just a rumour.

I was 8 when ESB came out and I don't recall knowing anything about Yoda going into it. But that was 37 years ago.

I just watched the trailer for ESB and there was nothing in it about Yoda or Dagobah, so maybe it was a secret.

I recall seeing a clip with Yoda on TV. It was the first I had seen of ESB so it' burned into my memory. It was one of these Entertainment Tonight type shows. But I couldn't say for sure if it was before the movie came out or not. I want to say it was-- but truth be told, it could have just been because I saw it before the movie. I remember that more clearly than seeing ESB itself.

ROTJ is the only one I have definitely clear memories of going to see.

Was Yoda's reveal a surprise? I feel like marketing material and merchandising and previews gave that one away.

I don't know, was it? Who here is old enough to remember this?

This is coming from someone who was 9 at the time so take it for what it's worth. But yes, it was a surprise reveal. At least to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.