2017 NBA Playoffs

Ms. Spam

Overreacting to James is just what we do these days. While Jordan, Magic, and Bird had their images shaped by perfect marketing machines of the 80s and 90s where everything they did was lionized and we knew them because they sold us our shoes, fast food, cars, Gatorade, and underwear, James lives in the era of sports being about reporters debating each other with the strongest take and Twitter.

You reverse the eras, and James would be the unquestioned perfect player and Jordan would be the one being dealing with all the nitpicks.

It's funny how people can't see that. They buy into the whole mystique built around the older players as if they never missed a shot, lost a series and won everything in sight.

HA! I've seen both LeBron and Curry hate on social media. Some people really hate that mouthpiece. While others I feel are blind haters towards LeBron. I'm a big Spurs fan so for me I just don't care for either because I have Duncan, Iceman, and Robinson as my favorites.

But this time I'm starting to see a lot of campaigning/media about why the hate on LeBron - He came back home to Cleveland, he married his high school sweetheart and is raising a family, the contributes to a TON of good things in the Cleveland area charity-wise and still someone tried to shake him up by spray painting some racist stuff on his front gate at his LA home.

Love or hate a player, I just like fun games to watch.

I love that Steph Curry can hit from anywhere. I mean he practices the shot so it's a high percentage shit for him. Problem is he has everyone thinking they can hit the shot because he makes it look easy. Others don't work on it and you get shots coaches used to bench you for.

Kevin Durant reallllly wanted that bad. Good for him!

The game was over with Igoudala's first epic dunk. That was just plain sick. And definitely over when Lebron threw a tantrum after he got lightly touched on the face during a dunk. When he's on he's unstoppable. When he's checked out he really checks out.

Cleveland's problem against the Warriors is lack of 2 way players other than the greatest 2 way player of all time in Lebron. They have good offensive players like Irving and Love and good defensive players like Thompson and Shumpert but no one can do both. This creates the following problems: You put the better defensive players in the game and it leaves Lebron too much to do on offense. Put the scorers in and since the Warriors have so many top offensive players there are no soft matchups for them and they get destroyed.

Normally they'd put Kyrie on the opponents weaker guard, problem is the Warriors have no weaker guard. Usually a team with a star, a couple scorers and then some top D guys works, just not against the Warriors because the Warriors can put a lineup out there of Green, Durant, Iguodala, Thompson, Curry and those weak defenders flat out get destroyed. But they can't pull the scorers because it puts too much on Lebron and the Warriors have so much offense that you can't keep pace with them. It's a catch-22.

What no one's seems to mention anymore is that the garbage defense the Cavs played all year caught up to them again. Even in game 4 when the Cleveland shot lights out the Warriors were in striking distance for 3 quarters.

Yeah, the defense was the problem. As great as the Warriors offense is, they're not good enough to get that many easy baskets without a lot of help from the defense.

And definitely over when Lebron threw a tantrum after he got lightly touched on the face during a dunk. When he's on he's unstoppable. When he's checked out he really checks out.

There were a few defensive possessions in the 2nd quarter where he struggled, but he hardly checked out of the game. He had a monster stat line if nothing else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.