A clue to Rey's parentage (everyone's favorite topic)

Filthy Jawa

That's interesting we've never had any flashbacks or Flash forwards in Star Wars before. It's like a progression. In the PT it was premonitions, in the OT they are more certain of their visions, in the ST they're downright seeing the future

That's interesting we've never had any flashbacks or Flash forwards in Star Wars before. It's like a progression. In the PT it was premonitions, in the OT they are more certain of their visions, in the ST they're downright seeing the future

Technically Anakin was actually seeing the future in his dreams, they weren't just premonitions.

Anakin sees his wife crying and dying. Luke sees his friends in pain and in danger. Rey sees a guy get impaled with a lightsaber right in front of her.

The force always shows you such lovely visions. It also seems to show a very significant moment in the protagonists character arc. In all three instances, the vision always "pushes along" the character down a certain path...usually a not so great one. Luke goes and loses a hand, almost his life. Anakin loses...everything and then some. Rey doesn't lose a damn thing. Han I guess? She only just met him though. This is the first vision where what's been seen is a complete mystery. It just didn't feel like there was a payoff to it...there's an opportunity for that to happen still though. I hope they follow through with it.

Edit: I guess the payoff was the moment the lightsaber flew into Rey's hand. Accepting her destiny, passing down Excalibur, and all that cool stuff. It just kind of feels like it would have happened anyways.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.