Friday the 13th

I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time kinda wish that they hadn't gotten the license. Great for them because they're going to have a much more successful game (if it's a good game) but I really liked the look of the original.

Completely different styles of game, but I like the increase in real horror games this generation with this and Until Dawn. Not just jump-scare like Resident Evil and Silent Hill (especially more recent entries). Although RE7 did a good job with mood as opposed to just a shooter.

If this game is half as good as the first 90% of Until Dawn, I'll be ecstatic.

I'm pretty torn on RE7. RE4 was my favorite of the series, but 7 was really well written and had perhaps the best storyline. But I also didn't love the style.

It worked really well for the demo, but just okay for the full game.

I've played the heck out of that. I've never played any of the side missions, though. Need to try them at since point

Also, really liked Last of Us, but I never really thought of it as being such a horror game.

I'll have to play it again. Naughty Dog does amazing games.

Really? It was straight horror for me-- beautiful, but spooky environments. Creepy monsters, worse humans, despair at every turn... it's horror for sure, just hiding inside a post-apocalyptic adventure costume.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you gotten a chance to play? I had a few free minutes yesterday and tried to play, but I couldn't get on the server.

It's downloading now. I guess single player won't be available until summer. Depending on the multiplayer lobby, I may hold out a bit. Multiplayer with friends is always fun-- withnot friends is NEVER fun.

Either way, still excited to play.

If you're PS4 my PSN name is tnklb1974

I made it on ONCE so far, able to play two rounds. One as Jason-- which was a blast despite being really inefficient at it. With more practice it'll be fun. It's actually rather spooky. Mics were live and everyone had clustered to fix a car for escape. When I appeared out of nowhere they all screamed and laughed.

I'll agree with that. The game was already delayed long enough, why not wait a couple more months until you have the full game ready?

Yeah, I had a streak of it working, but it isn't. The current "fix" is to have threads set up on their forum for people to set up private games.

• 2 weeks later...

The update seems to have fixed things a lot, but I think that when I have time for more than one match I'm going to try to stick with the private matchmaking on the forum. Sick of listening to prepubescent boys trying to cuss or being in a game where nobody has a mic.

• 2 months later...

I saw you were online playing last night, but I didn't have time to do much. Tried a quick match and couldn't get a lobby with people. Sounds like the recent patch fixed a lot but also messed up matchmaking and they screwed with the window breaking mechanic.

I was actually playing Uncharted, so no worries!

F13 continues to be a labor of love. I REALLY think its fun, but I'm just too much of a casual game that I can't really get good or learn the maps without a single player mode. My experience is pretty much being a counselor that either hides for the entire round and dies in the last 5 minutes, or gets killed in the first 3. And as Jason I generally clumsily warp around the map and miss my targets.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.