What about Finn?

Filthy Jawa

Wow you guys blew my mind. I always thought there were millions of alien species in Star Wars and that most weren't even part of the Republic or Empire

I agree with the number of alien species, not sure about the second part. I don't have a problem at all with constantly new aliens being added, and I think there should be new aliens in every movie. I just don't think they should ALL be new aliens. TFA's only familiar aliens were fan Liar characters: chewbacca, ackbar, and nein nunb (very possible I'm missing a background alien, I admit), and I just don't think that's necessary. Some visual familiarity and continuity would be nice.

On the other hand I was bored with the lack of new ship designs and uninspired planetary locations in TFA, so maybe I don't know what the hell im talking about.

Well I figured the Republic didn't know about most the aliens because there weren't millions of alien species in the Senate.

I don't really know much about ship designs but I agree that the planet choices were uninspired. Not because of the environments because how many environments could you possibly have for a planet. They've all been done. But because I was really looking forward to futuristic buildings making me feel like I'm in a galaxy far far away. Give me another Bespin, or whatever moon it was that padme gave birth on. I guess I've just been too much into cyber punk lately...

I do not feel TFA was short on the aliens. Wasn't disappointed. I would love to see a rodan in the ST.

You see familiar aliens pop up regularly in the video games and the cartoon series, but almost never in the movies. I guess that was my only point.

Lots of humans, but we never seen another Hammerhead or Walrus Man or Sy Snootles.

Jawas are about the only exception.

Oh and I guess JJ put that Wolfman in TFA so there's one. And there was a kid Rodian in TPM... and now that I think about it, I think I remember those Squid-face guys in the senate in TPM. Okay never mind, there are lots of repeats.

I thought that the ship designs were great and felt like natural updates to the types of ships we saw in the OT, which felt appropriate since TFA really only focused on the battling factions and not on the larger galaxy like the PT did. I agree about the planetary locations, though.

That's true, but the movie gave me the impression that the Resistance is an even smaller operation than the Rebel Alliance was since they were cautioning/fighting against a movement that wasn't really in control of the entire galaxy. I'd like to think that we'll see more ships in the next two, assuming that the Republic fleet, or what's left of it, will start getting involved, too.

The humor of TFA is what made me realize everything was going to be okay (for me, at least) in the Sequel Trilogy. I was super nervous about the movie. But as soon as Poe said "Who talks first? You talk first, I talk first?" I breathed a sigh of relief.

(I've heard the same story from lots of other fans, for what it's worth.)

The humor was my least favorite part of the movie maybe. It just seemed so... contrived and forced.

I thought the humour was a bit more natural than a lot of what has come before... I mean, not quite OT levels of chemistry between main cast, but still I thought it flowed and was one of TFA's strengths. At least it wasn't slapstick, Benny Hill shit like a character that shall remain nameless.

The humor of TFA is what made me realize everything was going to be okay (for me, at least) in the Sequel Trilogy. I was super nervous about the movie. But as soon as Poe said "Who talks first? You talk first, I talk first?" I breathed a sigh of relief.

(I've heard the same story from lots of other fans, for what it's worth.)

The humor was my least favorite part of the movie maybe. It just seemed so... contrived and forced.

PEE-YOOSA!

He doesn't have to remain nameless; it's not as if he's going to suddenly appear behind you and scream "Yousa die now!" before strangling you with his tongue if you say his name five times whilst looking in to a mirror...

(but I didn't hate him that much during or after seeing TPM; I just thought TPM was too much of a children's / wish-fulfillment movie)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.