Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Great non-superhero films to look forward to this year?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 710 posts
Title says it all. I can go on upcoming films in IMDb but I'm more interested in recommendations from film lovers instead of going through a whole list of everything

DANA-kin Skywalker

DANA-kin Skywalker

American

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Not sure if youve heard, but a lesser known, non-studio, micro budget little indie film called "The Last Jedi" comes out in December.

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 710 posts
When I was 13 the movies board on nightly was a thing of wonders.
  • Kyrian +1 this

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts

I'm kinda looking forward to Free Fire, looks like a fun, frenetic shoot-'em-up.

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Members
  • 162 posts
Mainstream wise: Dunkirk and Coco look good.

Ha. "Dunkirk & Coco" looks and sounds like an awesome 70s urban cop team up.
  • Fozzie +1 this

Fozzie

Fozzie

• Admin
  • 3,418 posts
Blade Runner 2049
War for the Planet of the Apes
Cars 3
Valerian
Murder on the Orient Express

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• Members
  • 14,763 posts
War of the Planet of the Apes is by far my most anticipated movie that I wanna see. I adore the first 2 ape movies in this trilogy, and feel the films are entirely underrated and overlooked. Sure, the films have great tomato scores and perform well at the box office but for some reason i feel the films are just a blip when I think they should be nominated for 10 academy awards every year. They're truly epic.

Also, I'm looking forward to King Arthur because Guy Ritchie. I love everything he touches, love his style, I have no shame.