Freaky Friday

Filthy Jawa

I am thinking about TFA too much these days. My latest theory for you all to laugh at is that while their lightsabers were locked at the edge of the crumbling chasm, Kylo did a Jedi mind-freakyfriday on Rey and switched bodies with her.

Watch it with that in mind. It sometimes works 100% of the time.

He says she needs a teacher and blah blah The Force and she goes into her trance and then he stares at her intently.....putting the whim-whams on her! (This movie did spend some time dwelling on the mind powers of The Force -- as opposed to, say, the PT which focused more on the physical powers of The Force and lightsaber twirling).

So listen to all the things this explains (as you read my words out loud to yourself):

1. Many people had a problem with Rey suddenly handing Kylo his butt, BUT if that's Kylo in Rey's body, it makes perfect sense. Clumsy Rey continued to get beat and the more aggressive Kylo Ren (in Rey's body) layed (laid?) the smackdown on her as he should have. Kylo (now Rey) looks confused and disoriented.

2. Rey (Ben) hugs Leia. Rey hasn't even met Leia, but Kylo still loves his mommy. Look at how happy he/she looks.

3. If the rumors are true that Luke's first line to "Rey" in TLJ is "Who are you?", well.... do I have to spell it out? Luke can sense someone else is in there, but the darkside is clouding his perception. Imagine Ep. 8 beginning with Kylo Rey attacking Luke up there. Hoo-eee! Nobody will know what's going on. Except me.

And now all of you who are reading this.

Now I know what you're all thinking. You want a chocolate chip and pistachio cookie. And also this theory falls apart because the first thing "Rey" does after the lightsaber battle is run to Finn's body and collapse on it in despair. And also later in the medical bay "Rey" says (s)he'll see him again and kisses him on the forehead. Obviously this is explained by Kylo and Finn being space lovers like Chirrut and Baze, only in a much less healthy relationship. That's why Ren knew exactly who the traitor was when someone (I forget who, maybe the Cylon Stormtrooper) said something about a traitor and that's why Finn was running away. He was trying to get out of an abusive relationship he no longer wanted to be in and Kylo spent the rest of the movie trying to track him down.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

In all seriousness, I don't believe Kylo did a Jedi mind-freakyfriday*, but when you watch the locked sabers shots, Driver's face is doing the same thing he did when he was probing her mind earlier. I'm sure this is no accident.

Is the intent to convey to the audience that lightsaber duels are not merely contests of strength and swordplay? That Jedi mind powers are at play as well? Or is something else happening here? It really looks to me like Kylo is trying to enter Rey's mind - and being resisted. Perhaps that's all it's meant to be. Him trying to overpower her in that way as well...and failing. Pretty subtle. I mean, it took me like seven viewings to pick up on it. But then, I'm an idiot.

* registered trademark of FJ Industries

That's exactly what I figured was happening the first time I watched it. It would be nice to show it more clearly in the future by having one of them crumble and drop their defenses thus getting stabbed. Since film is a visual medium, it would be nice to make it clearer.

Trust me, man. I have seen plenty of people who posted here who were actually hated. You are nowhere near those guys in any way, shape, or form.*

*Void where prohibited. These statements don't apply to Krawlie, who just hates everybody. This post has no cash value.

I dont think many people took that away from the scene. if they did they would have made a pont to say it, because it changes everything. No longer need to make the ANH ultra delux edition wth Alec Guness doing back flips if people understood the battle going on in the mind. That's why i think TLJ should attempt to do this but more visually, lke Rey literally droppng her defenses and gettng stabbed after beng mentally overpowered.

Wow. m serously lke the bggest freakn reject n ths forum. lke flthy jawa was the last person to be makng fun of me and now hes on the bandwagon. great

Mate, you're not a reject. And even if you were, its a Star Wars forum so who really cares? You do post some pretty zany shit though. And some funny zany shit, and a lot of the time you use a full stop (period) instead of using a space bar, which sometimes makes it tricky to follow you...but you're not a reject. Well, maybe you are but if you are then we all are cause like I said.. this is a freaking star wars message board in the arse-end of cyber space. (no offense admins). If people poke fun at you its because they find you endearing not because they think you're a dick. Most people here if they actually thought that would just say so. See Driver and Justice's exchanges for example.

So peace out bra and stay weird.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.