Was Kylo's saber destroyed?

Filthy Jawa

I'd been meaning to ask this for a while, but kept forgetting. When Rey is grinding Kylo's saber into the ground (which, btw, I didn't think would snuff a light saber since Qui-Gon could put his through blastdoors), right at the end she chops her saber down and there are sparks. It's not perfectly clear what happened there, but are we meant to believe she destroyed it and therefore he will have a new one in TLJ?

• 1 month later...

Or he built another crappy unstable one.

I wonder if there's a connection between his bad lightsaber and the Empire using all the Kyber crystals on the Death Star.

They didn't all have to be used, they could have just been more difficult to find. Or maybe he just didn't know where to look because he was too busy listening to Dashboard Confessional and crying.

Maybe when he joined Snoke he got a promise ring and Snoke said it was a kyber crystal but it was really a fake one, because Snope is cheap.

In all seriousness, someone somewhere must have covered what happened to the kyber crystals powering the Death Star after it blew up. If they're so special, I doubt they disintegrated. My basic understanding of physics would tell me they would travel outward from the point of explosion, so there would be some kind of spray formation out from the opposite side of the reactor explosion. If that happened to be the Yavin IV side, then that moon(?) would be pelted with kyber meteorites making it a new kyber-rich repository.

Luke might have somehow heard a rumour about that Death Star exploding and go there.

I might have just reached a new geek level with this post.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Maybe when he joined Snoke he got a promise ring and Snoke said it was a kyber crystal but it was really a fake one, because Snope is cheap.

Promise Ring?

Guest El Chalupacabra

I've been around but took a break from posting. I had a lot of things going on that I had to sort out, and also have been busy between work and school. Thanks for asking :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.