LoZ: Breath of the Wild

Dark Wader

I've played it now for a few hours each yesterday and today. It's great so far and have just reached the point where things are starting to open up. Just exploring the landscape is pretty awesome. I just hope I start finding some more durable weapons so I don't have to keep resorting to using farming equipment and clubs so often.

I wound up getting a Switch and getting it again. Frame rate issues are almost non-existent compared to the Wii U version but aside from that barely much difference aside from soundtrack improvements and a higher res. Game itself is still amazing. Even on a second run I'm still floored by how good it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I "finally" got around to buying a Switch/Zelda.

I like it a lot! I'm a few hours in so far - on my way to Kakariko Village. I was worried that I would never utilize the handheld feature, as I've never been big on handheld stuff. So I've kind of forced myself to play that way a bunch and I really like it. I don't love the controller, but I'm getting more and more used to it.

Finally finished it last night, decided I'd find all the shrines before taking on the last act. Easily one of the greatest games I've played in my life. I've got a few complaints, the motion control puzzles in particular really made the game frustrating when they appeared, but all other complaints are very minor. But even after spending so long in the game, it was still consistently amazing me with something, and very few games I've played maintain that wonder throughout the whole playtime. Really looking forward to the DLC's.

• 2 months later...

I'm 100 hours in with no desire to rescue the princess...yet. Like Wader, I want to finish side quests and shrines and continue exploring. This game rewards the inquisitive mind like no other - something Nintendo is bringing to the new Mario game if the trailers and hands-on reviews are to be believed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.