2017 NFL Season

Ms. Spam

I mean I watched (a few fleeting moments of) a preseason game for the Colts that Scott Tolzien, Stephen Morris and some other random terrible dude got extended play in.

But yeah, tere's no place for Kaepernick in the NFL.

It's not as simple as Kaepernick being better than the scrubs in the NFL. He wants to be a starting QB and be paid like one. All three of the Colts backups put together have $3 million in contracts between them. Kaepernick tore up his own $14 million contract with a team where he had a chance to start. So, he thinks that he's worth about 5x as much as those guys who have jobs.

That right there eliminated most of the league that have better starting QBs than him or are grooming a young QB. You can basically cross the following teams that are set at QB off the list of ever considering him because they have no intention of bringing in a high-priced backup or, worse, a QB controversy:

1. Patriots

2. Packers

3. Colts

4. Falcons

5. Seahawks

6. Saints

7. Titans

8. Steelers

9. Raiders

10. Lions

11. Redskins

12. Giants

13. Panthers

14. Cowboys

15. Chargers

16. Chiefs

17. Buccaneers

18. Eagles

19. Bills

20. Cardinals

21. Vikings

22. Bengals

23. Jaguars

24. Rams

Add in the 49ers, who he left, plus the Dolphins and the Ravens who would have been on that list before injuries, and that leaves all of 5 realistic places he could have ended up before the preseason.

1. Bears

2. Broncos

3. Jets

4. Texans

5. Browns

When you shrink things down to that universe, it's no surprise that he's unemployed. Teams don't like to bring in players of high price and dubious value who are headaches.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chuckled at the local pain of trading away Jay Ajayi. Heard several people act like it was the worst thing ever, which confused me because what little of the Dolphins I've seen this year has been Ajayi getting stuffed and bringing 3rd and long. Looked at the stats and he's got 3.4 YPC, no touchdowns, and no runs over 25 yards, and yet is still 6th in the league in attempts.

Seems to me that they got Philly to buy into damaged goods that was dragging down their offense.

I dunno. Collingsworth is starting to grow on me during Sunday games. As a baseball lover there's lots of voices I'm used to hearing and often I'm listening instead of watching because I have ten thousand things to do on Sunday night to get ready for the next day of school.

No doubt.

The shady thing about Luck is that there is speculation that the Colts knew he wasn't going to be able to play this season but didn't put him on IR because they knew his deactivation would affect season ticket sales. If Dex still posted here I'm sure he'd be ranting about it.

I think Watson will be fine, but I'm starting to doubt that Luck will ever play again. If so that's just sad, because he showed so much promise.

Why do people always get upset about commentators? They're just background noise to me.

I sure as hell couldn't tell you who covered the big games I grew up on.

Having said that, **** collingsworth.

I loved listening to Madden and Summerall as commentators. There will never be another combo that worked so well together.

I think that the reason why Madden and Summerall worked so well is that they never offended anybody. Viewers of football are naturally tense when they watch their team play and are hypersensitive when a commentator criticizes their team.

A buddy of mine is also a huge Dallas fan and hates Aikman now because he tends to be critical of the Cowboys in his commentary. I tend to agree with him when he knocks Dallas, but my friend looks at him as a traitor, which really cracks me up.

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt.

The shady thing about Luck is that there is speculation that the Colts knew he wasn't going to be able to play this season but didn't put him on IR because they knew his deactivation would affect season ticket sales. If Dex still posted here I'm sure he'd be ranting about it.

I think Watson will be fine, but I'm starting to doubt that Luck will ever play again. If so that's just sad, because he showed so much promise.

Meh. This angle doesn't really apply. Those tickets were sold and accounted for long ago.

I agree they knew longer than they let on. But I don't think it was anything nefarious, just incompetence.

I don't think there are any fans left who would shed a tear if Goodell was shown the door. The only reason he's stuck around this long despite the number of things that he's botched is the sheer amount of money that's been made on his watch. From the CTE cover up, to the kneeling controversy, to the baffling sense of justice he has in disciplinary actions, to having an office that leaks things to ESPN like crazy, to hiring replacement refs, to watering down the product with Thursday games, you get the feeling that if Goodell is involved, it's probably something bad.

Now with ratings and ticket sales falling, putting up with the incompetence when it comes to anything except money just isn't attractive to the owners. I think Jones is correct that more than half the owners are already prepared to send him packing instead of handing him $50 million a year plus those ridiculous benefits.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.