2017 NFL Season

Ms. Spam

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not all that excited about the purge of the secondary to free agency. It also doesn't look good when a couple of guys on the defensive front that were producing are also gone. The draft most certainly isn't going to improve this defense next year. :(

• 1 month later...

I don't get what the Saints were thinking about with the draft. They did nothing to help their abysmal defensive front, and drafted several more players to boost an offense that was already a top 5 last season.

• 3 months later...

Gotta say, I'm baffled with how it's somehow controversial that the Dolphins picked up Cutler to replace Tannehill instead of Kaepernick. When I heard the Dolphins got Cutler, I immediately thought they did as good as they could, and arguably even upgraded at the position for the season. It never crossed my mind that Kaepernick would be a better fit. We know Cutler can play in Gase's offense and had a quality year just two seasons ago with him.

I think there's just a massive anti-Cutler bias in the sports media for some reason that's just silly. Personnel-wise, this one was really a no-brainer. Even leaving out Kaepernick's baggage.

I was talking mostly about perception. Since you brought up Rivers though, he is 4-5 in playoff games including an AFC title loss to the Patriots. Cutler is 1-1(the same season). The NFC Title game he played in Caleb Hanie finished. 5 playoff appearances to 1. So yeah they'd be throwing Rivers and his bolo tie a parade. They'd also pack Tanneyhill's bags as well.

Yeah, but Phillip Rivers isn't available to pick up off the street at the last minute.

Lots of QBs have played on bad teams and have had none of the vitriol that's thrown at Cutler. It's not like he was a bad QB for Chicago all these years. Heck, he's arguably the best QB the franchise has had since Sid Luckman 70 years ago. At worst he's 3rd behind McMahon. Granted the history of Chicago QB is pathetic, but it's not like Cutler's career there was a fiasco.

Like I said, Cutler's a good fit for the Dolphins for a one year run. It's a good situation for him, he obviously knows the coach's system well and excelled in it recently. He won't be expected to carry the team here like he was supposed to in Chicago and can just play football. If he maintains his level of play, the Dolphins will have gotten themselves a perfectly serviceable starter with a lot of decent to good years under his belt that has the potential to keep their upward momentum from faltering.

How many free agent QBs this year can you say that about?

Okay.... First off, let me apologize right off the bat. My post should not have happened. It was made prior to knowing all of the facts about the case. I know that this is information that has been out there since this kid has been in college, but I have not heard of the level of abuse until now. So, I am sorry. The information that I knew, until now, was not as extensive. It, also, included him pulling up that other girl's top at a bar, or something. But, now, I have the information. In no way do I condone domestic violence. So, any ladies reading, or anybody else that was offended at my comment, I apologize. Forget football now. This is bigger than that.

I'm a Cowvoys fan and all but yeah, Zeke is pretty much a douche. He deserves the suspension and all of the shame that goes with it.

As for Kap, he deserves the cold shoulder. Regardless of whether or not you agree with his protest, you have to consider the business side of the NFL if you're gonna do what he did. Millions of people were offended by his actions and he's simply not good enough to overcome that with a limited skill set.

Kaepernick should never have opted out of his 49ers contract. His price, demands (starting job), and play style instantly cut the number of possible destinations down to a handful. A lot of good NFL players have found themselves in retirement in similar situations (Cutler this year for example) even before you take into account the distraction he'd be and that he'd automatically cost his team money. Being already established and without another QB obviously in front, San Francisco was his best option.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.