Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 NFL Season

51 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts
Adrian Peterson option Declined!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

Not sure about Dallas' big changes.

Gamevet

Gamevet

• 4,377 posts

Yeah, I'm not all that excited about the purge of the secondary to free agency. It also doesn't look good when a couple of guys on the defensive front that were producing are also gone. The draft most certainly isn't going to improve this defense next year. :(

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

Stability would have been good to keep the momentum going they built up through the season with Dak. So yeah, this is weird.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
NFL Injury Update: Aaron Hernandez (neck) out Indefinitely.

Tough break for such a young talent. Let's hope he hangs in there.
  • Gamevet +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts

He's taken a couple shots already, sometimes you gotta know when t'acquit.

Gamevet

Gamevet

• 4,377 posts

I don't get what the Saints were thinking about with the draft. They did nothing to help their abysmal defensive front, and drafted several more players to boost an offense that was already a top 5 last season.

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts

Gotta say, I'm baffled with how it's somehow controversial that the Dolphins picked up Cutler to replace Tannehill instead of Kaepernick.  When I heard the Dolphins got Cutler, I immediately thought they did as good as they could, and arguably even upgraded at the position for the season.  It never crossed my mind that Kaepernick would be a better fit.  We know Cutler can play in Gase's offense and had a quality year just two seasons ago with him.

I think there's just a massive anti-Cutler bias in the sports media for some reason that's just silly.  Personnel-wise, this one was really a no-brainer.  Even leaving out Kaepernick's baggage.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts

OH GOD. JERRY JONES.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,468 posts
Cutler wouldn't have as many critics as he does if he had just won anything. The guy has won nothing in the NFL. As a QB that all comes down on you.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,964 posts

Neither has Phillip Rivers but if the Dolphins got him they'd be throwing a parade.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,468 posts
I was talking mostly about perception. Since you brought up Rivers though, he is 4-5 in playoff games including an AFC title loss to the Patriots. Cutler is 1-1(the same season). The NFC Title game he played in Caleb Hanie finished. 5 playoff appearances to 1. So yeah they'd be throwing Rivers and his bolo tie a parade. They'd also pack Tanneyhill's bags as well.

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts

Yeah, but Phillip Rivers isn't available to pick up off the street at the last minute.

Lots of QBs have played on bad teams and have had none of the vitriol that's thrown at Cutler.  It's not like he was a bad QB for Chicago all these years.  Heck, he's arguably the best QB the franchise has had since Sid Luckman 70 years ago.  At worst he's 3rd behind McMahon.  Granted the history of Chicago QB is pathetic, but it's not like Cutler's career there was a fiasco.

Like I said, Cutler's a good fit for the Dolphins for a one year run.  It's a good situation for him, he obviously knows the coach's system well and excelled in it recently.  He won't be expected to carry the team here like he was supposed to in Chicago and can just play football.  If he maintains his level of play, the Dolphins will have gotten themselves a perfectly serviceable starter with a lot of decent to good years under his belt that has the potential to keep their upward momentum from faltering.

How many free agent QBs this year can you say that about?

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,964 posts
That's a real shame about Ezekiel Elliot. Very surprising also considering the Cowboys don't normally put up with this kind of stuff.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts

He'll come back just fine. I'm just glad he didn't do anything truly heinous like silently and respectfully protest during the national anthem.

• Ms. Spam and Darth Krawlie +1 this

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,142 posts

6 games!?!?!?!?!  That better not stand.  That is way too excessive.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,964 posts
The NFL found 3 instances over a 5 day stretch that resulted in injuries to the woman. Yeah 6 games is way too harsh. lol.
  • Darth Krawlie +1 this

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,964 posts
He also had allegations of domestic violence 2 other times that didn't even cal under this investigation. I'm sure it's all made up though and he is clean. Total injustice that he was suspended 6 games.
  • Darth Krawlie +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts

:yes:

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,142 posts

Okay....  First off, let me apologize right off the bat.  My post should not have happened.  It was made prior to knowing all of the facts about the case.  I know that this is information that has been out there since this kid has been in college, but I have not heard of the level of abuse until now.  So, I am sorry.  The information that I knew, until now, was not as extensive.  It, also, included him pulling up that other girl's top at a bar, or something.  But, now, I have the information.  In no way do I condone domestic violence.  So, any ladies reading, or anybody else that was offended at my comment, I apologize.  Forget football now.  This is bigger than that.

• Lucas1138 +1 this

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I'm a Cowvoys fan and all but yeah, Zeke is pretty much a douche. He deserves the suspension and all of the shame that goes with it.

As for Kap, he deserves the cold shoulder. Regardless of whether or not you agree with his protest, you have to consider the business side of the NFL if you're gonna do what he did. Millions of people were offended by his actions and he's simply not good enough to overcome that with a limited skill set.

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts

Kaepernick should never have opted out of his 49ers contract.  His price, demands (starting job), and play style instantly cut the number of possible destinations down to a handful.  A lot of good NFL players have found themselves in retirement in similar situations (Cutler this year for example) even before you take into account the distraction he'd be and that he'd automatically cost his team money.  Being already established and without another QB obviously in front, San Francisco was his best option.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,468 posts
That's the one thing people always miss. He opted out of his contact. He wasn't cut. He put himself in this position. People talk about his numbers last year. How about this number? He won one game! And his numbers were pedestrian to begin with last year.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts
It was a dumpster fire in 49er land anyways. Kaepernick probably felt it was the best move at the time.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

Did that require him to get off of his knee?

Reply to this topic