Legion

CoLA

I didn't know quite what to make of this show at first. It was kind of slow to get going and was a bit weird and trippy. After watching the second ep, I've decided that i'm really digging it! really enjoying the style of this series so far, especially the late 60's/early 70's vibe it has. Not sure if it's supposed to take place then, though or if this is just the look?

It's a neat mix of sci-fi with a bit of creepy weirdness thrown in. What's the deal with that, umm...guy he keeps seeing? Is he another mutant or just a product of his mind? I guess it could be either since in the comics, Legion has tons of multiple personalities, each with their own mutant power. I don't know if that's where they're going with here since he seems to have Jean Grey type abilities in this series.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I knew I had seen a thread about this show!

I just finished season one this past weekend. I'd go right on to season 2 if FX didn't have ridiculous blackout periods.

(I was also so, so very high while watching this, which I recommend)

Dan Stevens was unrecognizable. I don't remember him being heavy before, but he makes his Downton Abbey self look obese. And holy crap he plays crazy well.

Aubrey Plaza is perfection.

Jemaine Clement was a HUGE SURPRISE.

I may actually have to pay for a season pass to get to season 2 faster than Hulu gets to it.

• 3 years later...

I love how out there this series is but I also find it hard to get into at times. I loved the first season. The second season was a bit of a struggle for me.  I don't know what it is but I think I got confused by what was the real world and which was in his mind at times. I probably needed to pay closer attention. This is the kind of show you really need to focus on. It's really beautiful to look at though. Highly original compared to other superhero shows.

• 5 months later...

[Casts Necromancy]

Okay, thread feels alive for the moment. We’ll see how long this spell lasts. ;-)

Just finished Season 1 of Legion. This is the darkest, most absurd, artistic “superhero” project I’ve ever seen. However major caution to anyone interested that has dealt with mental health issues, and or other trauma of that type. This series feels like if, hmmm, maybe someone like Terry Gilliam decided to make a “Marvel” project.

I’m gonna binge the next couple seasons here within a week or so.

You're in for a ride! It's such a fantastic show and even has a good ending. I don't want to spoil anything but the dance off battle on the psionic plane in the first ep of season 2 and the Bolero scene in season one are two of my favorite scenes from this series. And then there are the awesome covers they did for the soundtrack!

Just finished this. I just jumped hard into it this week, put some household chores to the side. lol Anyway, wow. This series is up there with WandaVision as being one of the most unique ways to do a “superhero” project.

I would definitely caution potential viewers who have mental health issues and trauma or have been affected by others’ issues and trauma.

The series depicts mental, emotional, physical, sexual, and substances abuses. As well the failures of how individuals and society copes in all of those areas. Specifically, but not limited to: Suicide, cutting, hair pulling, gaslighting, and sexual assault are repeatedly focused on.

Every single aspect throughout the series is presented in like… I dunno… art house style, and uses very intense dream-nightmare imagery.

Timeline/Canon Note: The series is outside of both the X-Men films and MCU.

Really is one of the best "super-hero" shows ever, I never got tired of it. Really liked the ending, too, I feel like the three seasons were just enough without overstaying it's welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.