Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legion

5 replies to this topic

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
I didn't know quite what to make of this show at first. It was kind of slow to get going and was a bit weird and trippy. After watching the second ep, I've decided that i'm really digging it! really enjoying the style of this series so far, especially the late 60's/early 70's vibe it has. Not sure if it's supposed to take place then, though or if this is just the look?
It's a neat mix of sci-fi with a bit of creepy weirdness thrown in. What's the deal with that, umm...guy he keeps seeing? Is he another mutant or just a product of his mind? I guess it could be either since in the comics, Legion has tons of multiple personalities, each with their own mutant power. I don't know if that's where they're going with here since he seems to have Jean Grey type abilities in this series.

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
I've been catching up on this show and can I just say this has to be one of the coolest TV scenes ever?

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,544 posts
I haven't been following it (kinda having X-fatigue). But this got my attention:

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,504 posts

I knew I had seen a thread about this show!

I just finished season one this past weekend. I'd go right on to season 2 if FX didn't have ridiculous blackout periods.

(I was also so, so very high while watching this, which I recommend)

Dan Stevens was unrecognizable. I don't remember him being heavy before, but he makes his Downton Abbey self look obese. And holy crap he plays crazy well.

Aubrey Plaza is perfection.

Jemaine Clement was a HUGE SURPRISE.

I may actually have to pay for a season pass to get to season 2 faster than Hulu gets to it.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I loved season 1. Dad's illness and subsequent death kept me from watching Season 2 yet but I have it saved on DVR

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,504 posts

You're farther ahead on season 2 than I am if you have the ability to watch it but not the time or headspace.

Reply to this topic