What are the odds we see a foce-ghost Anakin play a role in Kylo's character arc?

DANA-kin Skywalker

It's possible. It's even more possible now without Carrie Fisher. In the dark recesses of that black hole I'd like to call a mind that I have, since TFA I've considered it possible for Luke and Leia to die once per movie, but it was to serve the fundamental purpose to drive Kylo's character towards and then away from the darkside (and to pass the torch to new characters). In TFA he kills Han, pushing him towards the darkside. In ep8 Luke gets killed trying to turn him back, and in ep9 Leia finally succeeds. This arc always made the most sense to me.

Since poor Carries passing, it seems like this arc is highly unlikely, unless they resort to recasting or CG character, which IS possible, but more likely to be written out somehow. So, if the big plan all along with Kylo was to use his family to redeem him, the next logical step is to use grandpa Anakin in episode 9 to help serve that purpose. TFA did establish some kind of vague personal connection between them already. I'm of course referring to the shakespeare-esque "grandpa show me that power again" scene With Vader's burnt helm. It seems like they were going somewhere with that in the future installments, anyways. Force ghosts exist, and Anakin's in particular has been established in a small, ambiguous way in TFA. To me, it seems like that was an idea that they wanted to use, but explored it in an indirect way because they wanted to avoid the prequels like its AIDS.

Has Disney moved passed it's prequel phobia? Is it possible to see force ghost Anakin? If so, who is going to play it? Recasting a force ghost Anakin isn't the worst idea in the world. The upside of not having Hayden in your movie is offset a bit by a having to recast a different actor, but with some hollywood magic and effects, editing an incorporeal character is easier to get a way with. So yes, it's possible to have cake and eat it too.

But Kylo isn't gonna be the main bad anyway. That's a job for Rey. She's going dark, I can feel it. And it'll be up to An estranged Finn to bring her back at some point.

It's strange that we all seem to think there is going to be a resolution in this trilogy. I mean, to think that make sense given that's the format for Star Wars gone by.. But I remember hearing that Disneys intention was to have a Star Wars films continue to come out till we are all old and grey and/or it stops making money. With that in mind, is it entirely safe to assume there will be a happy resolution at the end of IX? Maybe they're playing the long game and will turn the saga into a much longer narrative.. Much like a TV series but with films.

But Kylo isn't gonna be the main bad anyway. That's a job for Rey. She's going dark, I can feel it. And it'll be up to An estranged Finn to bring her back at some point.

It's strange that we all seem to think there is going to be a resolution in this trilogy. I mean, to think that make sense given that's the format for Star Wars gone by.. But I remember hearing that Disneys intention was to have a Star Wars films continue to come out till we are all old and grey and/or it stops making money. With that in mind, is it entirely safe to assume there will be a happy resolution at the end of IX? Maybe they're playing the long game and will turn the saga into a much longer narrative.. Much like a TV series but with films.

Rey going "dark" seems exceedingly unlikely. And all good stories need some kind of resolution.

Rey going "dark" seems exceedingly unlikely. And all good stories need some kind of resolution.

3840 × 2160 seems like it would be adequate here.

Using an Anakin force ghost for such a pivotal moment doesn't display much faith in the new characters to carry on the story. Aside from his Vader worship, Anakin doesn't really have any part to play in Ren's story. . .if he can kill his own father, I can't see what Anakin can do to convince him otherise. And I'd question why Anakin would show up later and not before he put a blade in Han's chest honestly.

I doubt we'll ever see Anakin on the big screen again aside from an unlikely prequel re-release. His story is done. We will see Vader on screen again, but that's hardly surprising considering he is probably the most recognizable movie character of all time.

It would make no sense. Anakin as a force ghost is "good."

It makes sense if the latest version of RotJ's ending is official. If you're arguing against that, it's one thing (and I agree), but it makes no sense to see Hayden as Anakin's ghost there and then the next time we see him he's aged.

Using an Anakin force ghost for such a pivotal moment doesn't display much faith in the new characters to carry on the story. Aside from his Vader worship, Anakin doesn't really have any part to play in Ren's story. . .if he can kill his own father, I can't see what Anakin can do to convince him otherise. And I'd question why Anakin would show up later and not before he put a blade in Han's chest honestly.

I doubt we'll ever see Anakin on the big screen again aside from an unlikely prequel re-release. His story is done. We will see Vader on screen again, but that's hardly surprising considering he is probably the most recognizable movie character of all time.

Well, they had no problem using an old character (Han) to drive the overall story AND play a role in Kylo's character in TFA.

Kylo didn't think too highly of Han as a father. He said as much. He clearly idolizes his grandfather; I can accept the fact maybe the force spirit of his idolizations could cause Kylo to do some soul-searching if he told him how much being Darth Vader sucked.

I really see an argument for force ghost anybody returning in the ST because the whole force ghost thing for the most part doesn't even.make.sense. it's the.biggest hole in SW lore, more than anything. If there are no force ghosts in this trilogy it would be such a huge hole, I just couldnt get over it. Does it have to be Anakin? No, although I would literally **** my pants. It could be Luke, but I just dont want him to die. I cant stand the thought.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.