Jump to content

The Trump Administration 2017-


Recommended Posts

I watched the video, and it really isn’t nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. He’s asked about the transition, he smiles, says there will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration and then laughs before going into talking about the transition. Not exactly the mustache twirling that the headlines make it out to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about dishonest but you're definitely fucking exhausting.

As a third party voter, and hearing "wasted vote" on the daily, I am loving that both Clinton and Trump were caught rigging the election (Clinton in the primaries and Trump in the general).   Granted,

When America has positioned itself for its entire history as the land of the free, and one our core manifestos says we will take the poor and huddled masses, you can't expect people without access to

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Ms. Spam said:

I think he was joking but still. Like this is what the administration does. I don't think they realize how bad it can be seen. 

I’m about as anti-Trump as anyone who isn’t insane, but people need to chill. Just like everything else over the past 4 years, not everything is the worst thing ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The “it was just a joke” defense feels icky and is reminiscent of abusive behavior in relationships and various social situations. That the Secretary of State said it in direct response to working with the team for the President-Elect elevates the seriousness even more. Wars get started by the words and actions of people in these positions of authority.

These are not things that should be normalized.

Keep in mind, there has been at least one moderator at Nightly that was removed from that position because they cursed at a member. So the idea that positions of authority are held to a certain standard shouldn’t be hard to grasp here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spider-Man said:

The “it was just a joke” defense feels icky and is reminiscent of abusive behavior in relationships and various social situations. That the Secretary of State said it in direct response to working with the team for the President-Elect elevates the seriousness even more. Wars get started by the words and actions of people in these positions of authority.

These are not things that should be normalized.

Keep in mind, there has been at least one moderator at Nightly that was removed from that position because they cursed at a member. So the idea that positions of authority are held to a certain standard shouldn’t be hard to grasp here.

Whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything over the past 5 years has been the worst thing ever. If you believe liberals, serving hamburgers to a football team is the same as trying to get another country to interfere in our election. And now they are yelling about how Pompeo saying that is the worst thing ever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's crazy though about he's double downing on denial and not exactly working towards leaving. Some of these lawsuits are so thin that they're trying. Oh that one didn't work let me try this. Death of a thousand paper cuts. I feel like I'm in grade school and finally win something and the guy who always wins is eating up what should be my time to shine by his own behavior.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no question that Trump is a dick, and the actions like filing frivolous lawsuits and telling his supporters that the election was stolen are big issues. Especially the second one. If Pompeo had said that Democrats are stealing the election, I would agree that it’s a big deal and we should sharpen the pitchforks.

 

Lets focus on the actual problems and not get riled up over nonsense. That’s a big part of why 70 million people voted for Trump, because it was easy to convince them that everything was just mass hysteria.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In other news that relates to this Biden hasn't been receiving any security briefings but I think it's more to do with the lack of administration and not a stick it to the winning man type thing. There's just not many competent people left in this administration that would be prepared to even hand over the reigns of a functioning government. I mean if you think about it we've been skating along on just what may have been left over from the Obama Admin that hasn't been thrown out the door or lost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Trump refuse those briefings right off the bat? I'd not be surprised if they just plain haven't been doing them if the president refuses them.

I mean, somebody has to get them, but they may not even think about giving it to the president anymore, who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

In other news that relates to this Biden hasn't been receiving any security briefings but I think it's more to do with the lack of administration and not a stick it to the winning man type thing. There's just not many competent people left in this administration that would be prepared to even hand over the reigns of a functioning government. I mean if you think about it we've been skating along on just what may have been left over from the Obama Admin that hasn't been thrown out the door or lost.

I strongly disagree. It is EXACTLY a Trump thing to do to intentionally leave Biden out of the loop.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even people in the White House don’t know what’s going on in the White House, so there’s no way we can.

But I guarantee that Trump is refusing even the possibility of Biden getting briefings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Even people in the White House don’t know what’s going on in the White House, so there’s no way we can.

But I guarantee that Trump is refusing even the possibility of Biden getting briefings.

Eh, you don't need a witness or a video to confirm Trump is a scum bag.  We have 4 years of Trump as president to know he has failed as a leader, is a petty man child, and acts only to benefit himself.  Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Biden is being cut out of the loop, which is why he had to start forming his own team immediately after the election, and let the public know his plan.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Eh, you don't need a witness or a video to confirm Trump is a scum bag.  We have 4 years of Trump as president to know he has failed as a leader, is a petty man child, and acts only to benefit himself.  Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Biden is being cut out of the loop, which is why he had to start forming his own team immediately after the election, and let the public know his plan.  

Yeah, I agree, as and I said, I guarantee that’s the case. The first half was more geared towards Spam’s post about Biden not getting briefings because nobody knows what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotchya. 

Personally, I am of the opinion that there ought to be an investigation once Trump is out of office.  I think there are grounds for gross negligence beyond Trump's failure to take action that has led to nearly 250 million deaths directly attributable for Trump's incompetence.  Hell, I would like to see an investigation into what big pharma corporations Trump has stock in that are also developing vaccines for COVID.  Trump is an evil fuck.  I would not put it past him if he faked getting sick, to try to hype the vaccines he has stock in.  I also wouldn't put it past Trump to intentionally take actions that spread COVID so that he has more "customers" to buy his "product." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Gotchya. 

Personally, I am of the opinion that there ought to be an investigation once Trump is out of office.  I think there are grounds for gross negligence beyond Trump's failure to take action that has led to nearly 250 million deaths directly attributable for Trump's incompetence.  Hell, I would like to see an investigation into what big pharma corporations Trump has stock in that are also developing vaccines for COVID.  Trump is an evil fuck.  I would not put it past him if he faked getting sick, to try to hype the vaccines he has stock in.  I also wouldn't put it past Trump to intentionally take actions that spread COVID so that he has more "customers" to buy his "product." 

250,000. 1.28 million dead worldwide so far. 

I also don't think that he faked being sick, because of two things:

1) Trump is a liar, but he's also really bad at lying. You would think he would be better at it by now. But pretending to be having trouble breathing, especially since he would have to act like someone having trouble breathing who is acting like he isn't having trouble

2) Getting sick is being weak, and Trump is afraid of even appearing weak. Which pretty much shows that he's a weakling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I meant 250,000 as in a quarter million dead in the US.  

1.  Trump, in the few appearances he was seen in when he was supposedly sick, didn't really seem symptomatic.  He was walking briskly to the helicopter, and spent a few nights at Walter Reed, with NO media contact.  As soon as he was "cured," as soon as he gets back to the White House, he takes his mask off.  So, yeah, you have a point, maybe he is a bad liar.  But he is also a professional liar that some people still believe,  and he's built his riches by lying.  Lying to Trump University students.  Lying to the IRS.  Lying the the American people to get elected.  Lying to the American people  on countless occasions while president, including lying about the severity of COVID in the beginning.  

2. Well, in Trumpland, you can feign being sick, if there is money to be had.  Profit "Trumps" weakness.  So again, I think it is something Trump is capable of.  I think he is totally without any scruples, is a sociopath, and is able to do the things I think he should be investigated for.

Edited by Zathras
Link to post
Share on other sites

And I think he was hoping to get some sympathy votes because he's "been there".

Okay, a news report aired this morning about the allegations in the Trump vs. Michigan trial that's apparently still going to happen - the most ridiculous I heard was that a Republican poll watcher thought it was highly suspicious that the mail-in military votes were mostly for Biden.

Okay, Republican poll watcher, let's put on our thinking caps! Active Duty military is generally 18-26 year olds. Guess what we call that age group? Generation Z! The most progressive generation our country has ever seen! Honey, just because you're right wing and you like to carry around guns and pretend you're a soldier, the kids who actually become soldiers are not all right wing like you.

I can't believe they're wasting the court's time with that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure there was a generation gap, when it came to younger military voters not voting for Trump, but (assuming this is not a fluke you are talking about) I have a feeling a lot of military people can't stand Trump. The thing is when you are in the military, you are taught leadership skills literally from the beginning.  Even younger military personnel know the basics of what to do, and not to do, and can recognize a poor leader when they see one.  Also, I think Trump's comments (true or not, though I personally believe them to be true) that veterans and military personnel are "losers" and "suckers" pissed off a lot of vets and actively serving military people. As a vet myself, it pissed me off something fierce.   While I already hated Trump, it personally was like pouring gasoline on fire considering the fucking idiot is a draft dodger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Trump alienated a lot of potential voters in the military by basically not helping vets with VA issues and almost starting a bunch of wars in asia and calling dead soldiers worthless. So he was undone by his own dumbness. I'm with Trevor Noah, I'm hoping Trump has to be dragged out of the White House screaming in January with Melania slapping his hands away. And just as he steps off the grounds he gets served divorce papers and the Justice Department comes to its senses and indictments are handed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly wonder how many of those soldiers who voted Biden would be or even have been called a "soy boy cuck" by a right-winger for doing so, and I wonder how many of the right-wingers would then go on to spout about how no one respects and honors the military more than them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...