The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

1 hour ago, Odine said:

Yeah I was more meaning what happened to cause the overwhelming sense of dread Krawlie is experiencing. Other than Biden calling Trump George, is there significant news that makes a Biden defeat more likely?

The funny thing is he was using the name of the person he was speaking to. It was awkward, but even politicians mess up. See: every time Trump speaks

4 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

The funny thing is he was using the name of the person he was speaking to. It was awkward, but even politicians mess up. See: every time Trump speaks

Yeah for sure. Totally understandable, but I can see the Don pouncing on that slip up and never letting Biden live it down 

5 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

It's a lot of what Tank said, plus ACB's confirmation and how precarious the whole election might end up being as a result of a 6-3 conservative SCOTUS majority. And just a general lack of confidence in other Amercans.

Yeah okay that makes sense. I mean I guess I should have rephrased my question to be "what gave you a sense of optimism two months ago?"

Polls in must-win states for Trump had been (and still are, really) getting more and more in Biden's favor. It's not any individual poll, it's the average over time. When Biden is up in 14 out of 15 polls, and his lead is outside the margin of error in 12 of those, it tends to build up confidence. While I don't really believe in the "secret, shy Trump voter" theory, still, anything can happen.

10 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Can you believe for a month or two there I was actually feeling fairly confident about this election? A week out now and all I feel is dread and despair and hopelessness

Nope. The latter is how I've felt about it from the beginning, though I consider myself unplugged from the Matrix.

The sense of foreboding doom is almost over! One more week! People are voting. And I think this confirmation pissed them off. You should see the line out the doors of the library on the way home. It's in the 40s here in Texas and people are still wanting to vote. 

You’ve been pretty down on it all along, from what you’ve said here.

Prediction: Biden is going to win by a big enough margin that they’ll be able to call it on election night. I’m in no way certain, that’s the prediction.

3 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I think PA and NC are more likely to be bellwethers this year. Florida will be icing, or a non-issue.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but being 2020, you never know!

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

You’ve been pretty down on it all along, from what you’ve said here.

Prediction: Biden is going to win by a big enough margin that they’ll be able to call it on election night. I’m in no way certain, that’s the prediction.

I SOOOO hope that is the case.  I want to see a referendum on Trumps ass.

Biden is so close to winning Texas, and the GOP is fighting like hell to suppress votes because of it. There's a new lawsuit going up almost daily. They're scared and it's obvious. Even Cornyn is trying to distance himself from Trump now. 

There were 3 separate Trump parades that drove by my neighborhood last weekend, and they actually pushed people away from Trump. Several people have told stories about their elderly parents or grandparents or neighbors or whatever being so disgusted by these parades that they switched their votes to Biden. And that's on top of the stories of people who have decided to vote for the first time ever or in decades because they just can't stomach 4 more years of Trump. 

I'm still cautiously optimistic. The atmosphere here is different than in 2016. Things just don't feel as conservative as they used to. If that makes sense. 

I kind of liken it to the Tea Party stuff a few years ago. I remember being like hey this isn't a bad idea... and then all the racists and mysogynists came out of the woodwork and I backed the fuck away. That Tea Party movement became the Trump supporters and took over the Republican party. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of ordinary people and not career politicians getting involved and breaking up bureaucracy. But Trump was not who I would've picked. But he knew his audience and they ate that shit up. I used to consider myself fairly conservative and now I just can't stomach it because its become such a mockery. I won't vote straight Democrat but I'm having a hard time supporting conservative or Libertarian candidates now because they just seem to hate poor people or anyone who isn't as fortunate. Its ugly and sad.

My stance this year was no Republicans for any office. Following that, I would vote for any candidate that deserved my vote, regardless of party. If no one deserved it, or if it was uncontested, I left it blank.

No, but it does feed into actions. If I don’t have a need to protest the government, whether it’s for a good reason or not, picketing the statehouse is stupid. But it’s my right.

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

My stance this year was no Republicans for any office. Following that, I would vote for any candidate that deserved my vote, regardless of party. If no one deserved it, or if it was uncontested, I left it blank.

Hmm, I get that. I certainly didn't vote Republican for any national office, but I voted  for a few at the state and local level.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.